1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carney joins the bar

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Gronk, Mar 25, 2009.

1. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    In other news:
    - The lunatics are now in charge of the asylum
    - Gallop is in charge of MENSA
    - The same company who owns the NRL decides how much it pays for the right to broadcast it - oh hang on that is already happening. 

THREE weeks into the reinvention of Todd Carney, and so far no news is good news.

After getting to grips with life in Atherton, in north Queensland, Carney yesterday began a responsible service of alcohol course (RSA) in Cairns.

It's all part of the masterplan of publican Michael Nasser, who took Carney to Atherton to play for the local team and do some growing up away from the alcohol-fuelled circus his life had become.

The irony of Carney standing on the professional side of the bar won't be lost on many, but Nasser said it would make him think.

"We're doing the hands-on RSA course in Cairns," Nasser said. "You can do them online but it's better to do it in person, even though it takes a bit longer. They give scenarios for you to work through and you learn more.

"Overall Todd's going extremely good, working pretty hard - into his third week and doing over 45 hours a week at work.

"The community is trying to help and his mother is coming up for a game next week.

"He's helped my brother out down at the farm and a lot of store work in the bottle shop.

"He helped out at a fundraiser the council ran for the bushfire and flood appeals, and he's been attending Atherton Juniors training sessions each week. The kids went wild, they were over the moon."

On the pitch, Carney has played just once for the Atherton Roosters, but Nasser said there is plenty to fill Carney's day.

2. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I wonder if in Carney's RSA they taught him what to do if someone in the bar p!sses into a schooner glass and pours it on another customer's head. 

3. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nearly 3 weeks @ 45hrs/wk, gee poor bugger how will he ever survive :'(

4. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I did (well got paid for) 62 hours last week.

An average week for me is about 54 hours..... and it's not pulling beers. Tell him to come work with me we'll sort him out ;)

Zero drug and alcohol policy at work too.....

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Might not be a very strong comp if his mum can get a game.

6. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Might not be a very strong comp if his mum can get a game.
    [/quote]

LOL, How will they control two of 'em after a game?

7. d3m0ns0n@gmail.com

d3m0ns0n@gmail.com Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it's a good he enroll himself to a RSA Training, in that way he will let himself out of trouble after that.