Carl Webbs says: 'I'll fight Willie Mason'.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
QUEENSLAND hardman Carl Webb has offered to fight Willie Mason in a proposal hailed as State of Origin's "Rumble in the Jungle". As Mason considers taking part in a $1 million bout with disgraced AFL star Wayne Carey, Cowboys enforcer Webb said he would gladly don the gloves and go toe-to-toe with the hulking Roosters back-rower.
Webb's manager Sam Ayoub has lodged interest with Mason's agent Greg Keenan, suggesting an exhibition fight be staged at north Queensland's Dairy Farmers Stadium.
Such is Webb's interest, Ayoub will move to insert a clause in his next NRL contract allowing Webb to have promotional boxing bouts.
Webb, a former state amateur boxing champion, is off contract at the end of this year and has promised to "rip in" if NSW rival Mason agrees.
"Obviously I wouldn't jeopardise my football but if it's something that can be worked out in the off-season, I'd fight him for sure," Webb said.
"Hopefully the Cowboys support it. My first priority is them but I'd like to get in the ring and have a go. I think it would be a great concept, especially with the Queensland-NSW aspect."
As a teenager, Webb won all five amateur fights he contested and took out the Queensland under-15 title. At 15, Webb was such a formidable force 18-year-old opponents refused to fight him.
Leading boxing promoter Angelo Hyder said a Webb-Mason showdown would have league fans salivating.
Hyder said Webb and Mason could make $50,000 each from a fight but warned it would be hard-earned for Mason.
"If Webb is an amateur champion, I think that would be enough to give Willie Mason a heart attack," Hyder quipped.
"I've seen Webb on the footy field and he's got some ticker so it would be an interesting fight.
"Personally, I reckon Willie should forget the boxing and fight Webb in ultimate fighting. Just throw them in a cage with Origin jumpers on and let them rip into each other."
Despite his fight record, Webb said he was no certainty to floor Mason, who at 195cm and 115kg is 13cm taller and 8kg heavier.
"Willie is a lot bigger than me and he's got the reach, but in my amateur career most guys were taller and had a lot more reach on me," Webb said.
"I couldn't see it being a 12-rounder but six two-minute rounds would be ideal."
I haven't done any serious training but if this fight comes about I'll rip in. I don't want to embarrass myself."
Ayoub said a Webb-Mason bout could fill the 25,000-capacity Dairy Farmers Stadium.
Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said: "We would have to have long discussions about Carl fighting because he's a very valuable part of the club."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003409,00.html

Webb and Mason in the ring at the same time would equate to a total IQ of minus 70.

How about Masons high shot.

Somehow I think he'll be missing a few weeks to start the season. It looked terrible.

It wouldn't be hard to get me to pay to watch Webb and Mason smack the crap out of each other. So long as they had a really good go. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6