Captains challenge to be trialled in Toyota Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Silly concept. The game is losing what it stands above all other games. The pace and attrition is being washed away with more stoppages for tv. Reminds me of "any given Sunday". When the coach says he remembers when the game was stopped for ad breaks. It changed the game forever. This is what league is coming to. They already want to do it with line drop outs.
Besides, if decisions become correct on the field what else are we fans going to whinge about.

The main issue I have with this, is that the captain/coach may challenge a **** decision made by the on-field ref, but then based on recent experience the video-ref is just as likely to make a **** decision too.

Stupid thing. Just get it right the first time. Can captains challenge forward passes in the try scoring movement?

I like the idea.

I'd like to see it in for a whole season at Toyota Cup level and see how it works over the year.

I've seen many a stupid decision overturned when watching NFL.

And don't worry - we have takebn a lot of rules and adaptions from NFL before and they have worked well.

eagleE said:
Silly concept. The game is losing what it stands above all other games. The pace and attrition is being washed away with more stoppages for tv. Reminds me of "any given Sunday". When the coach says he remembers when the game was stopped for ad breaks. It changed the game forever. This is what league is coming to. They already want to do it with line drop outs.
Besides, if decisions become correct on the field what else are we fans going to whinge about.

Agree fully. We will never have perfection - no sport does. This will just complicate and slow down the game more. Once you start such challenges where do you stop? Have the public voting via remote TV???

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4