1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captaincy?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, May 6, 2007.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Only throwing this out there for debate, but is Orford under too much pressure in the captain's role?

We witnessed what happened to Beaver after being the captain and then what happened when he managed to break free from the tag.

Kitey went great guns from round 2 - 5 and I would seriously consider giving it back to him even if its just so Orford can get back to form.

Opinions?

2. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Good call - at least we can then see if Ox plays better without the captaincy or if he is just ____!

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    well, after halftime today we saw he the onfield leader was, Kite lead us back beautifully. I did notice before the games in the sheds when Kite was captain that Monaghan was doing all the talking too

Anyway, i dont think it is massively important these days, as you need plenty of leaders on the park.

4. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Thirding the motion lads. Kite was great today and leads by example each week.

5. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yep, Kite should be captain he was tops today as was Jason King i thought.. coming back after the C v C match. No idea what his stats were but from watching he looked to be going good.

6. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Just a couple of mistackles between them -

King: 16 tackles, 2 mistackles, 10 hitups, 106 metres
    Kite: 17 tackles, 0 mistackles, 10 hitups, 113 metres