Captaincy debate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think anyone who says that BK shouldn't be Captain because he already has enough responsibilities on his hand is wrong. Look at Joey Johns. He's the chief playmaker, the kicker in play, and the goal-kicker. He has more on his plate than BK, who only has to hit-up and tackle. Same can be said with John Eales. He was the team's best forward and had to kick goals too, but made a great Captain. BK is our best player and our most inspirational player/leader. It's only logical he's Captain.

I think that they should leave Monnas as captain because he will be so much better next year with better players such as orford and Bell in the team to take the pressure off him.

I think that they should leave Monnas as captain because he will be so much better next year with better players such as orford and Bell in the team to take the pressure off him.

And the ball off him too!

you could say that the opposite with beaver and peachey.

you never know how someone will react.

ill support whoever they name as i think both will do an ok job, BK has had issues similar to monas in the past when joey was out so you just dont know.

This debate will rage over the off-season and then Des will turn up next Feb and name the Capt. I don't want to argue about it until I see who is in the first grade team and in what position.

Maybe Orford should get the jersey.

I was in the Kennedy camp and still am but I reckon the issue is overrated anyway!

How many of the other clubs with captains continuing into next year are going into the off season with uncertainty about the position?

BK is just a natural leader of men, so let him lead. The further Mr Monaghan is from the refs ear the better.

Monaghan was a passionate leader until all that
mess with the signing of Orford started. That is all
behind us now,& hopefully next season (if he is still here)
we will once again see that passion emerge.
I would like to see BK as captain.He has everything you
need to lead. Strength, passion,loyalty & a cool head
lol & I just don't mean the way he looks! lol :lol:

Been over to official site for a look and it has been noted that Mona's has been replaced by BK in banner picture, could this mean anything?

I think every manly supporter should stop hating on mona's. I don't know why alot of you guys and girls on here keep tearing into him. He's not the greatest player i know, but he gets the job done. He's tough as nails, will put his body on the line, would walk over hot coals for the team's sake and he's actually not a bad player. He'll be even better next year with ox there to take of some pressure and also he'll be hopefully going back to five eight, where he started his career and is better suited.

Let's not forget that majority of the year he was our sole half, had no five eight to help him out really and we still made the 8 for the first time in years.

Would a supporter really lay so much **** on their teams captain and halfback? I don't

so you are one of the "true supporter" brigade huh?

You can be a fan of the team without having to blindly love every player.

I ask you this...would a player of monas calibre have ever got a look in, in the teams of the early and mid 90's, 80's and 70's?

Would he have captained the team?

Why are we tolerating mediocrity, monas would have struggled to get a berth in reserve grade in those eras.

I dont give a **** about monaghan. I dont care how bad he plays, how much pressure he's supposed to be under or wether the club like him or not.

The simple fact is that the best choice our club could make with choosing a captain is Ben Kennedy. The man is an inspiration. 10 fold anything monaghan could possibly show in his so far short and inexperienced career. To let a player of his stature slip through the ranks without a C on his sleve would be disasterous.

Then again, perhaps the club is scared that if monaghan doesn't get what he want, he and his super manager will drag the clubs name through more mud.

yes flip i understand where you are coming from. BK is a legend and the best player at the club at the moment and i don't really mind who is captain, so long as they do a good job. I'm just saying why doesn't everyone just leave mona's alone and let him do his thing. The team and the captain (he is still captain as far as i've heard) would appreciate it, and we supporters may well start seeing better results. I mean look where we were before the mona's sledging and re-signing crap happened we were travelling along nicely.

And to daniel, i never said you had to "blindly" love the bloke. Just stop hating on him whether you like it or not he is an eagle and the captain of the eagles, and he will be all throughout 2006. No he wouldn't have gotten a run throughout those era's you speak of because we had some extraordinary players back then. Test players, origin players etc which are very rare in our team at the moment (we will see more in 2006 :) We were also won premierships through those decades. So getting a spot in that team would have been difficult for many players. But that was then and this is now. Then we were a powerhouse team that was riddled with stars, now we are just about over the hump of a rebuilding phase and one player that was not afraid to come over to the eagles while we were rebuilding was the same bloke that was willing to take up the captaincy of what was then a very struggling team and that was mona's.

Don't love him if you don't want but also don't hate on the bloke.

yes flip i understand where you are coming from. BK is a legend and the best player at the club at the moment and i don't really mind who is captain, so long as they do a good job. I'm just saying why doesn't everyone just leave mona's alone and let him do his thing. The team and the captain (he is still captain as far as i've heard) would appreciate it, and we supporters may well start seeing better results. I mean look where we were before the mona's sledging and re-signing crap happened we were travelling along nicely.

And to daniel, i never said you had to \"blindly\" love the bloke. Just stop hating on him whether you like it or not he is an eagle and the captain of the eagles, and he will be all throughout 2006. No he wouldn't have gotten a run throughout those era's you speak of because we had some extraordinary players back then. Test players, origin players etc which are very rare in our team at the moment (we will see more in 2006 :) We were also won premierships through those decades. So getting a spot in that team would have been difficult for many players. But that was then and this is now. Then we were a powerhouse team that was riddled with stars, now we are just about over the hump of a rebuilding phase and one player that was not afraid to come over to the eagles while we were rebuilding was the same bloke that was willing to take up the captaincy of what was then a very struggling team and that was mona's.

Dude you re-iterated my point without realising it.

We won premierships in that era because players like Monas were not tolerated, by the fans or the club.
If we want to win another premiership we need to start by dropping player like monas and king

And to daniel, i never said you had to \"blindly\" love the bloke. Just stop hating on him whether you like it or not he is an eagle and the captain of the eagles, and he will be all throughout 2006. No he wouldn't have gotten a run throughout those era's you speak of because we had some extraordinary players back then. Test players, origin players etc which are very rare in our team at the moment (we will see more in 2006 :) We were also won premierships through those decades. So getting a spot in that team would have been difficult for many players. But that was then and this is now. Then we were a powerhouse team that was riddled with stars, now we are just about over the hump of a rebuilding phase and one player that was not afraid to come over to the eagles while we were rebuilding was the same bloke that was willing to take up the captaincy of what was then a very struggling team and that was mona's.

Did it ocur that parhaps monnas came to manly because he was punted by the raiders and no other club wanted him?

Its really you monnas isn't it going under the name of nutzcraw.

to be honest, walker couldnt tackle but he was much better in attack and got the ball to our men out wide who crossed the line....they are there to score tries and they never get the bloody ball

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4