Captain for 2017?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sorry but DCE is not a born leader. Has struggled to lead the team around the park, doesn't need the pressure of captain on him as well.

I'd be comfortable with Jake. Has obvious leader qualities, is a Manly player through and through and will be here long term.

It depends on whether Snake stays on in 2017. If he does then he'll probably be the captain with DCE still as vice captain.

After that, I would make Ferris and the Destroyovic the captain and vice captain, provided Ferris stays healthy of course.

I'm sorry but DCE is not a born leader. Has struggled to lead the team around the park, doesn't need the pressure of captain on him as well.
Completely agree. He just doesn't look to have easy relationships with his teammates. I can't see others wanting to follow.
I'd give it to Jake too. He's a born leader.
Hopefully the captaincy isn't in DCE's ridiculous contract.

Do y'all think dce might shine once all the oldies have retired? Maybe he feels a bit stifled at the moment at 1) Not actually being the captain and 2) the old firm (Lyon, Matai, Stewart) still probably rule the sheds?

yes
no
beer

I think DCE needs to concentrate on his game and what he needs to do.

Jake is the obvious choice for me. He is passionate, will say to the boys 'follow me' and his enthusiasm is infectious. I think however it will be a co-captaincy between Jake and DCE

Is that the bloke we tried to offload at the beginning of the year? (smily facey)

Been a big fan of Ferris for a long time, but I don't know if he has captain qualities. Not DCE for the same reasons others have given.

For mine Jake.

Captain Coach (honorary) – B.Stewart

Assistant Captain Coach (non-playing) – A.Whatamouth

Advisor to Assistant Captain Coach (and Vice Coach) – Kevin Foreign

Captain – Jake.T

Deputy – Jamie Buhrer

Thought the choice is obvious - Willis Meehan.

The refs would be so scared we would win a penalty count, possibly 2 in a year

Totally on board with your theory @globaleagle

I really think you will find that DCE will come into his own when he is able to 'own' the team without the historical baggage.

I love our old guard - don't get me wrong. I have followed them for their whole careers, cheered every minute/try/GF win.... but sometimes the sins of the past can't be put to bed until those who were around have moved on. And whilst I know DCE was here during those sins, the feeling would be that the club has 'chosen' him to usher in a new generation over the old guard - and next year represents the best opportunity to mould a team AROUND DCE, not just WITH DCE.

He has his failings - and I am really disappointed with his form this year.... but I think the club will ultimately be able to move forward and realise his potential next year without the historical contsraints which I think (to @globaleagle 's point) are detracting from his performance.

Hope I am right - just because it will mean we have a better led team in Season 2017.

Totally on board with your theory @globaleagle

I really think you will find that DCE will come into his own when he is able to 'own' the team without the historical baggage.

I love our old guard - don't get me wrong. I have followed them for their whole careers, cheered every minute/try/GF win.... but sometimes the sins of the past can't be put to bed until those who were around have moved on. And whilst I know DCE was here during those sins, the feeling would be that the club has 'chosen' him to usher in a new generation over the old guard - and next year represents the best opportunity to mould a team AROUND DCE, not just WITH DCE.

He has his failings - and I am really disappointed with his form this year.... but I think the club will ultimately be able to move forward and realise his potential next year without the historical contsraints which I think (to @globaleagle 's point) are detracting from his performance.

Hope I am right - just because it will mean we have a better led team in Season 2017.

There is a huge difference between being a good player and being a good captain. You need those qualities that make men willing to follow. Time will tell if DCE has them.

Jake has them in spades.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4