Captain Cherry?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
DCE captained our 9s over the week-end.

Did he do a good job?
Or was his creativity stifled by the captaincy?
Is three 18-minute games not sufficient to tell, or will he just improve (as Captain) as he matures?

Matty Orford was our Half-back Captain. But Ox wasn't as creative as Daly.

He is an obvious candidate for future captain and has very good leadership qualities. But it's not as though our captaincy cupboard is bare.

The Nines concept was a mish mash, so no chance to show his tactical wares :cool:

The rate of DCE's integration into the Qld and Oz sides would suggest that he is a contender for Captaincy of both.

Didn't JT anoint him as such already ?:cool:

I just hope that Manly sign him long term, as Foz and DCE do not portray any envy of each other's positions, so co-captaincy would be natural :angel:

Not the right format to evaluate his captaincy skills. He played well, he usual probing game.

I started a thread a while ago with regards to who our future captain maybe, with Cherry and Foz the obvious candidates. The general consensus in that thread, which I agreed with, was Foz will be our next captain. Cherry would be a great captain, but I just feel Foz has shown leadership potential from very early in his career, whereas Cherry has more developed them over time.

I'm not a fan of the multiple captains idea. Have your leadership groups by all means, but on the field there needs to be one boss IMO.

To judge his captaincy abilities on our performance in the 9's would be a mistake. He will captain Manly, Qld and very possibly Australia in years to come.

The Ox was a great guy. He may not have been the instigator of countless fantastic plays/tries, but man was he tough! You couldn't hurt him with a stick. So many times he would get hit late, high and always very hard after he would put in a kick. The result? He would hit the deck, do a back somersault and spring to his feet and be off following play. Meanwhile his would be tackler was still getting up. Bloody tough little bloke!

Its difficult, Foran should be our next Captain.

But i have a feeling Cherry might want it and it may be something that gets disscussed at contract time

Wasn't Cherry the captain of our Minor Premiership winning Under 21s about four years ago, with contained Foran, the hyphenator, Buhrer, Lussick....
I watched a lot of their games that season and Cherry was the instigator of much of their attack. Even if I'm wrong and he wasn't captain he was certainly the 'leader' of that team.
I think he is a born captain.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7