Cap issues at Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL PAYMENTS FOR THE TOP 25
$6.1 million - Basic payments for the Top 25 players including Sponsor Servicing Allowance ($200k) which is automatically given to all clubs to compensate players for club sponsorship activities including appearances and endorsements.

Also included is a Long Serving Player Allowance ($300K) per Club for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup.

+ $243,750 per team - Paid by the NRL to the RLPA towards players' Retirement Account Contribution.

+ $100,000 per team - Paid by the NRL to the RLPA towards their administration funding.

*Payments under the actual salary cap total $6.30 million paid directly by clubs across the Top 25 players. The additional $343,750 paid into the RLPA Retirement and Administration Fund Contribution is not defined as a salary cap payment.

What players can earn outside the salary cap:

$600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs.

$100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance – a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 25 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Unlimited - Tertiary education fees, approved traineeships, medical insurance costs, relocation/temporary accommodation costs are not included in the cap but must be approved.

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

How many players in our team fit the criteria of the bold paragraph. Snake, Matai, Ballin, Buhrer, DCE, Lyon. Anyone else?

Or have I interpreted it wrong and it's 300k for only player per team?
I'd imagine then they are paying Tom Turbos uni fees too for a double degree at Macquarie...

Okay so here's a bit of fun to see if we are over the cap or not. I've just guessed the Top 25 and given that the salary cap in 2016 is $6.55 mill, I've also guessed what each is being paid (or what I'd pay them).
Brown Lewis - 250
Buhrer Jamie - 250
Burgess Luke - 200
Cherry-Evans Daly - 1000 (huge endorsements probably $300k not included in the cap)
Green Nathan - 200
Hiku Peta - 300
John Isaac - 250
Knight Liam - 150
Koroisau Apisai - 250
Lawrence Brenton - 200
Leary Blake - 180
Lussick Darcy - 300
Lyon Jamie - 550
Matai Steve - 450
Mateo Feleti - 250
Myles Nate - 450
Parcell Matt - 200
Starling Josh - 200
Stewart Brett - 600
Symonds Tom - 200
Taufua Jorge - 250
Taupau Martin - 500
Trbojevic Jake - 250
Trbojevic Tom - 200
Walker Dylan - 500

There's at least 300k in 'Long service allowances' and with 5 players in excess of 5 years I think we qualify for the max. Add to that 3rd party agreements ($600k) and motor vehicle allowance ($100k), plus unlimited corporate sponsor allowance (outside of the club - say another $1000k for Manly) and you are talking somewhere around $8.55mill. Maybe I am wrong but that's my take on it (and certainly the Roosters. So, from my rough calculations it puts us at $8.13 mill with plenty of space. Feel free to play with it and completely trash my thoughts.
That is inaccurate, for starters you have all their names back to front.

NRL PAYMENTS FOR THE TOP 25
$6.1 million - Basic payments for the Top 25 players including Sponsor Servicing Allowance ($200k) which is automatically given to all clubs to compensate players for club sponsorship activities including appearances and endorsements.

Also included is a Long Serving Player Allowance ($300K) per Club for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup.

+ $243,750 per team - Paid by the NRL to the RLPA towards players' Retirement Account Contribution.

+ $100,000 per team - Paid by the NRL to the RLPA towards their administration funding.

*Payments under the actual salary cap total $6.30 million paid directly by clubs across the Top 25 players. The additional $343,750 paid into the RLPA Retirement and Administration Fund Contribution is not defined as a salary cap payment.

What players can earn outside the salary cap:

$600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs.

$100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance – a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 25 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Unlimited - Tertiary education fees, approved traineeships, medical insurance costs, relocation/temporary accommodation costs are not included in the cap but must be approved.

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

How many players in our team fit the criteria of the bold paragraph. Snake, Matai, Ballin, Buhrer, DCE, Lyon. Anyone else?

Or have I interpreted it wrong and it's 300k for only player per team?

It's per team, which is ridiculous. I complained to the NRL about it in pretty much a thesis, and they ignored it, and showed 0 respect. It WAS $200k. Say you have 7 players in that situation, that equates to 42k each to convince them to stay at a club (that's before tax) which is a joke.

It's per team, which is ridiculous. I complained to the NRL about it in pretty much a thesis, and they ignored it, and showed 0 respect. It WAS $200k. Say you have 7 players in that situation, that equates to 42k each to convince them to stay at a club (that's before tax) which is a joke.

300k virtually equates to one decent player. That is a joke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6