Canterbury coach preparing for big commute from northern beaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
from confidential

2ng6gew.jpg

Hasler might want to ask Santa for a new set of tyres and a fuel card given the amount of travel he'll do in his new gig as Canterbury coach.

Dessie loves his northern beaches so much that there's no way he'd contemplate shifting to the 'burbs.

He'll hop in his Toyota and commute from Collaroy to Belmore five times a week - roughly 432km - not to mention the tolls on the Harbour Bridge and M5 Motorway. Dessie quipped this week he'd have to hit the Dogs up for a new e-tag.

One bloke who might have the same Christmas wish is incoming Dragons coach Steve Price, who'll buzz between Caringbah and the Gong, a lazy 120km return trip.

They'll be envious of Souths coach Michael Maguire, who hates traffic and will drive from Coogee to Redfern. Ivan Cleary has set up a temporary base in South Penrith close to the stadium, while Hasler's replacement Geoff Toovey is just a couple of solid three woods from Manly's Narrabeen training set-up.

Still, it's not as far as the 264km round trip Eels great Mick Cronin made from Gerringong to Parramatta and back for training

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/coaches-drive-for-success/story-e6freye0-1226197228579

LOL google maps says 53 min for his commute 1 way, thats not gonna happen at say 7am more like 1 1/2hrs
assuming he will go that way

Bridge $3
return trip
ED toll $4.90 are all the tolls he will pay per day

It has gotta wear you down eventually. The tolls, the traffic...it's terrible. To beat it he has to leave before 5.30am. Afternoon traffic from Belmore? sheesh!!! I used to do it...and that was five years ago. The traffic is worse now

Its about a one and a half hours trip at best and it will be enough to give poor Des road rage .

Why do you think he took the support staff with him? Car pooling will make the trip that much easier.

It WILL send him crazy Sydney roads are a disgrace
He will probably send for the Canterbury leagues shuttle bus or use greenturds sofa lounge

The drive back home after a loss will be his longest ,especially the one in round 8 next year .

Berkeley_Eagle said:
It WILL send him crazy Sydney roads are a disgrace
He will probably send for the Canterbury leagues shuttle bus or use greenturds sofa lounge

He'll just sleep next to Greenturd

I think Des has it the worst, Collaroy to Belmore may be shorter than Caringbah to Wollongong, but it would be a much worse drive.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
from confidential

2ng6gew.jpg

Hasler might want to ask Santa for a new set of tyres and a fuel card given the amount of travel he'll do in his new gig as Canterbury coach.

Dessie loves his northern beaches so much that there's no way he'd contemplate shifting to the 'burbs.

He'll hop in his Toyota and commute from Collaroy to Belmore five times a week - roughly 432km - not to mention the tolls on the Harbour Bridge and M5 Motorway. Dessie quipped this week he'd have to hit the Dogs up for a new e-tag.

One bloke who might have the same Christmas wish is incoming Dragons coach Steve Price, who'll buzz between Caringbah and the Gong, a lazy 120km return trip.

They'll be envious of Souths coach Michael Maguire, who hates traffic and will drive from Coogee to Redfern. Ivan Cleary has set up a temporary base in South Penrith close to the stadium, while Hasler's replacement Geoff Toovey is just a couple of solid three woods from Manly's Narrabeen training set-up.

Still, it's not as far as the 264km round trip Eels great Mick Cronin made from Gerringong to Parramatta and back for training

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/coaches-drive-for-success/story-e6freye0-1226197228579

LOL google maps says 53 min for his commute 1 way, thats not gonna happen at say 7am more like 1 1/2hrs

Bridge $3
return trip

Plus the M5 - $3.80 soon to rise to $4.40 & all that is one way for one day. He will be lucky to do the trip in 1.5 hours. He should be in such a crappy mood by the time he gets to Belmore. :D

I don't think Des has the temperament for that sort of driving.

Think back to that door at Parra stadium... some poor sods will be copping abuse from Des between Collaroy and Belmore that's for sure.

(This isn't a criticism, I reckon I'd be wanting to kill someone too if I had to do that drive.)

manlysister said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
from confidential

2ng6gew.jpg

Bridge $3
return trip

Plus the M5 - $3.80 soon to rise to $4.40 & all that is one way for one day. He will be lucky to do the trip in 1.5 hours. He should be in such a crappy mood by the time he gets to Belmore. :D

No M5 toll as you take Kingsgrove rd exit, toll starts from King George's rd

Berkeley_Eagle said:
manlysister said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
from confidential

2ng6gew.jpg

Bridge $3
return trip

No M5 toll as you take Kingsgrove rd exit, toll starts from King George's rd

Oh my gosh that makes the trip so much longer. Des would just stay on the M5 once he's on to get as close to the doghouse as possible although there is little movement with all the traffic practically 24/7. Cant wait for the first road rage explosion from the man should be a classic. I hope I dont see him around my workplace. Not sure I could just walk passed him would have to give him a serving:mad:

Who cares what Hasler is doing I dont. He is history and now the enemy so suck it up. All I care about is what 2V and Manly are doing. Would love to know if 2V is adopting the same philosophys and training regimes that have been used by the previous coache or whether he is changing it all to his own programme.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2