Canberra will be desperate next week!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I have a really bad feeling about this one, really bad...... A good win could put us into 4th as the cowboys will lose to the dragons.

Was at the Raiders game today, as long as we contain Dugan and rush Orford at every opportunity we should be fine. Orford is still struggling from the groin injury, looked three steps off the pace all game and has lost any speed he once had. Their passing from dummy half was woeful until Tongue stepped into the role a bit, they were full of fundamental mistakes and had no bite on the fringes. If we're serious we should keep them to single digits and put a good solid 30+ on them.

I just hope Manly do not take them lightly like they did last year.

Last years game against the Faiders at brookvale was one of the most frustrating games of the year. We were all over them but completely lost our mind with discipline, the gameplan, and execution.

We owe them for last year, but your right they should be desperate. But they should have been desperate today, and last week and the week before that.

I tell you this now. David Furner in the worst coach in the NRL, he has gone a long way to butchering this team. However, our luck so far this year seems we usually get teams on their good days, Souths being a prime example. I just hope we pull up well from City/Country and the other guys also make the field and we embarrass them, because thats what they did to us last year.

They'll definitely feel the need to lift their game after such a comprehensive flogging. They'll probably come out firing. Think if we can score early we can demoralise them and put them in the mindset "here we go again".

All teams lift against Manly. Especially when they have lost so many on the trot. We need to turn up on the day otherwise they will kick our butt like they did last year

Run through the centre all day. Their props are way to big to adjust quickly laterally. That's what the Tigers did and we should do the same. We were robbed in Townsville and should get some 'rub of the green' (whatever that means) this Monday.

Good, Shillington is about their most damaging forward. Hopefully Princess Kite and Rosey will stand up and play better than they did on Saturday night..

I think Kitey thinks that pre game warm up ritual where you hug all your team mates in the dressing room just before you run out is actually a tackling drill and so he takes that technique into his tackles on the field these days.

I am pretty worried too by this game - not saying Canberra are much good but we will be very flat I reckon, typical Monday night low crowd numbers, tired players backing up, Canberra's speedy backs, key players missing for us, injuries to key players - this game has ambush written all over it. Will be a bounce of the ball/ref's calls sort of game if we come out flat like I expect we will.

DSM5 said:
Good, Shillington is about their most damaging forward. Hopefully Princess Kite and Rosey will stand up and play better than they did on Saturday night..

Shillington has been worse than garbage this year. Its a disgrace he's held onto his Australian jumper. I'd prefer if he does play because we'd get the ball back every second time he touches it, still though thats better than TLL where we get the ball from every touch.

Masked Eagle, I didn't say he's any good. They're all crap and slow, both in the go forward dept, lateral defense dept and between the ears. Smart fast play the balls and support guys down the centre is the way the Tigers went, and we should too.

Will be interesting to see what team we field with injuries around. I still think we will win convincingly

so they should be desperate. they are teh most underacheiving team in the comp.

We should be desperate too. like our second half against the cowgirls and we can pitch up a cricket score.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4