Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles [Round 24 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Don't be surprised If a certain snake is a late re-inclusion today.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Bulldog Richie on 2ky a few minutes ago said Lars out for Raiders & Kite, Choc, Snake all in doubt for Manly but thinks all will play.

That would seem to be in conflict with other posts here & 2gb news all saying no Snake.

Bones said Hiku was at the function last night and Snake wasn't

Wasn't at the function. No players were. It was lunch time at Goulburn yesterday where Hiku was spotted by one of my scouts, and snake wasn't.

did your scout see Horo

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:
Don't be surprised If a certain snake is a late re-inclusion today.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Bulldog Richie on 2ky a few minutes ago said Lars out for Raiders & Kite, Choc, Snake all in doubt for Manly but thinks all will play.

That would seem to be in conflict with other posts here & 2gb news all saying no Snake.

Bones said Hiku was at the function last night and Snake wasn't

Wasn't at the function. No players were. It was lunch time at Goulburn yesterday where Hiku was spotted by one of my scouts, and snake wasn't.

did your scout see Horo

I'm hearing Kite is out, but Brett may play. Haven't heard Horo is out at all.

Hope that Manly have all had a dose of WADA approved chill pills so they all stay on the field :idea:

The shoulder charge Fairy seems to have returned :(

Win big Manly and amaze us Eels :angel:

Moondog said:
I doubt the Canberra players have been focused on this match. Their main concern this week seems to have been holding meetings about dumping their coach.

The Raiders will be very focused today. They have got rid of their hated coach now they will be relaxed and playing for their futures. Manly will have 1 eye on next week as well as dwelling on last weeks fiasco which has cost us a chance at 2nd. This is going to be a real struggle for us today but a loss here may not be that bad for us as long as we win our last 2 which i think we will. Anyone in injury doubt should be rested this week it's not worth it.

Well the sun is shining with blue skies in Canberra today. Bit of a breeze with a max of 16 degrees. Great day for a game of footy :)
Hopefully Manly can get up over the Raiders so I can give it to work colleagues and the pricks up the pub this week! Bit concerned how the Raiders will react after the sacking of Dave Furner - they could either rip in or not turn up..............

mickqld said:
Moondog said:
I doubt the Canberra players have been focused on this match. Their main concern this week seems to have been holding meetings about dumping their coach.

The Raiders will be very focused today. They have got rid of their hated coach now they will be relaxed and playing for their futures. Manly will have 1 eye on next week as well as dwelling on last weeks fiasco which has cost us a chance at 2nd. This is going to be a real struggle for us today but a loss here may not be that bad for us as long as we win our last 2 which i think we will. Anyone in injury doubt should be rested this week it's not worth it.
Losing is never an option to those that know 2V . We will be out there today with all guns blazing . We need a winning streak on our way to the finals. We have our reputations on the line . We need to show the top teams we are not losers .

Pretty excited, that game is on live here too! (9pm)

So I can drunk post with the rest of you!

https://twitter.com/LeagueUnlimited/status/371467879360626688
League Unlimited NRL ‏@LeagueUnlimited 4m
#NRL TEAM NEWS for #NRLcanman
Sea Eagles - OUT are Brett Stewart and Brent Kite.
IN - Peta Hiku to FB, @gorgeousgrose PROP. Hasson on bench

1.08pm - Stewart, Kite out for Sea Eagles

BRETT Stewart and Brent Kite have been ruled out of this afternoon's clash against the Raiders.

Stewart is replaced at fullback by Peta Hiku, while Kite is replaced in the starting side by George Rose, with James Hasson promoted from 18th man to the bench.

SEA EAGLES: Peta Hiku, Jorge Taufua, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, David Williams, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Brenton Lawrence, Matt Ballin, George Rose, Anthony Watmough, Justin Horo, Glenn Stewart. Interchange: Richie Fa'aoso, Jamie Buhrer, David Gower, James Hasson

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/live-coverage-of-todays-nrl-action-raiders-vs-sea-eagles-and-storm-vs-eels/story-fndujljl-1226703637724

This is a massive game for the Raiders. They win this they go into 7th spot. With Snake out we've just lost at least 2-3 tries from his presence. Hiku is going to have to play a blinder here to get us home.

I have a feeling Jorge and Wolf are going to have big games. I'll tip Jorge for a double in the try department.

Don't feel good about this game, nearly every time a coach is sacked the team wins the next week and these Canberra players will have something to prove cause they were behind the coaches sacking. Hope I'm wrong but could be a tough afternoon especially now with Snake out.

globaleagle said:
Pretty excited, that game is on live here too! (9pm)

So I can drunk post with the rest of you!

hey global. do you go via the nrl to watch from overseas> im moving to the states in the off season so just wondering

Watching on in Brissie ( only my 2nd game in 2 months ) hope me being back isn't a bad omen They were 6/6 in my absence and so far 0/1 on my return .

Yes I have been told already .... Get set to go bush again if they lose today!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2