Can the Kiwi's win?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Chappell-Hadlee 1st Game

Australia
1 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Darren Lehmann, 6 Michael Clarke, 7 Andrew Symonds, 8 Shane Watson, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Brad Hogg, 11 Michael Kasprowicz.

New Zealand
1 Stephen Fleming (capt), 2 Nathan Astle, 3 Mathew Sinclair, 4 Scott Styris, 5 Hamish Marshall, 6 Chris Cairns, 7 Jacob Oram, 8 Brendon McCullum (wk), 9 Daniel Vettori, 10 Kyle Mills, 11 Ian Butler

I think they'll get smashed!

Aussies get 9/246 from 50

Lee gets flemming second ball and has one dropped by ponting in his second over. That guy haqs to be the unluckiest bowler. People drop so many of his chances. Very good spell should secure his spot in the one day team.

You mean ponting, the guy who has dropped one and has about 10 misfields and decided when the kiwis were strugling with the slower pase to put the fastest bowler on.

Mata maybe you are a selector over there if you think lee is useless. Not the tightest but in any other team he is one of the best.

Kaspa named Kiwis man of the match after his brillian 22 off the 3rd last over.

Brett Lee bowling at the same time took 2/40 which should have been 3 had ponting not dropped a sitter.

Anyone who thinks Kaspa should be there over Lee should go and watch this game over again as they bowled a lot at the same time - Kaspa even getting 2 more overs with the new ball.

Yep

and maybe the umpires will give some LBW's, especially those that pitch on off straighten to hit the pad on middle and would have hit middle and leg about 2/3 of the way up.

At least he gave nothing the whole day that kuertzen guy.

Who's this Marshall guy and where was he in the tests? Where was Cairns?

I didn't see the game but can't believe the Kiwis won. Adds some spice to the series though!

lol

I actually think he realised that he is the key to NZ winning anything and their best chance is in the one dayers - He is a champion one day player. Kiwis have lost just 2 of their last 20 one dayers

Brett Lee bowling at the same time took 2/40 which should have been 3 had ponting not dropped a sitter.

Anyone who thinks Kaspa should be there over Lee should go and watch this game over again as they bowled a lot at the same time - Kaspa even getting 2 more overs with the new ball.

Well said Fluffy. Brett Lee is a man who can win you matches. He may be erratic some days, buty most days he will be class, just like last night. Kasper is solid, and last night has proven that Lee has more class than Kasper.

lol

I actually think he realised that he is the key to NZ winning anything and their best chance is in the one dayers - He is a champion one day player. Kiwis have lost just 2 of their last 20 one dayers

That is a pretty impressive stat - well done to the Kiwis but all the same kaspa should have been given a boot up the arse, it reminded me of Bruce Reid's effort when Allan Lamb took to him in the last over many years ago at the SCG conceding 2 odd runs including a 6 off the last ball to win the game.

Yep, Kaspa should be dropped on the strength of one bad over. :roll:

Lee has gone for more than 22 in an over in the past.

I seem to recall Lee being carted for close to 100 runs off his 10 overs once or twice.

That is very good logic dropping a test bowler on 1 over in an ODI while you put a guy into the tests because he bowled a few good overs in an ODI.

If that is your theory Bevan shouldn't miss a test for Australia

Your very right

Bevan should have missed tests for australia and he certainly shouldnt have been dropped from the one day team

Oh and im not saying kaspa should be dropped from the test team. Just that bevan should be there.

I think lee should be picked before kaspa in the one dayers. We need someone who will take wickets.

Lee is a great ODI bowler,up with Australias best ever. Doesn't seem to translate that to tests though.

Going to a couple of cricket forums it is interesting to see so many aussies divided over Lee

His test bowling does lack a bit, however i think that given consistent game time he would be better and he is a new ball bowler as well as proven when he got the chance. He bowled quite well in the ashes series a couple of years ago when Mcgrath and dizzy where out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4