Can someone who watched the game on tv please explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
rorters came up for the intercept about 20m out from their line and knocked on but they got the scrum.

as per all day they didnt play a replay with anything questionable so unsure as to why

I think that was the 1 that was ruled a forward pass

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300615173[/time]

plenty of questionable dropped ball penalties

Didn't look forward at all. Then the killer blow almost came near the end when T-Rex was penalised for a supposed strip when his arms were wrapped around Myles'(?) torso. It didn't matter so I'll let the refs off this time.

thats even worse given the 3 shokers the rorters got away with, 1 leading to the first try

I've been on about this for years.  There appears no reason to not check for forward passes in the try scoring movement.  They check for everything else.  Why not forward passes.  The rorters first try was off a forward pass clearly.

Fluffy link said:
thats even worse given the 3 shokers the rorters got away with, 1 leading to the first try

You've lost all cred. The first Roosters try was a great pass, and not forward at all.

DSM5 link said:
I've been on about this for years.  There appears no reason to not check for forward passes in the try scoring movement.  They check for everything else.  Why not forward passes.  The rorters first try was off a forward pass clearly.
It has to do with paralex (spelling is wrong) error. The lens on the camera can distort the direction of the pass at times. The other issue is that a legal pass, going back out of the hands (the rule) can still float forward, as long as it wasn't directed forwards.

What they need to do is just rule on the really obvious ones - like Hayne's one last year at Parra Stadium and a few others.

Our pass didn't look forward in the single replay they showed on the tele but the touchie was in perfect position for it!

Fluffy link said:
The dif from last season - today when the chips were down the boys didn't hide behind the excuse of a bad call- got on with the job & kicked ass. The 2008 GF could have complained about  losing penalty count & bad calls but instead settled for a 40 - 0 victory.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186993.msg325407#msg325407 date=1300615709]

You've lost all cred. The first Roosters try was a great pass, and not forward at all.
[/quote]

It was the dummy half pass in the lead up that went forward not the last ball to put the player in the hole but thats ok i guess?

Its not just camera angles Fro,its simplistic physics that state if your running forward and pass the ball,especially a cut out it travels at times 5 or more metres forward from the position passed to where your team mate catches it

I can stop agreeing with you if you want?

Regardless of your simple physics analogy (which is partly right) the only way they can look at it is a replay from side on, if the camera isnt directly in line with it the angle can be wrong.

Shane there is nothing simple about physics.

Science rules by the way! If only we had a chemist on here who had some grasp of physics.

It could however be done, but the technology would be difficult. It could be done with a 2 - 4 fixed camera's one each end and one on halfway. You then have to lay down a grid on the field so you can see point of ball leaving to where it wound up. Hawkeye could do something like that.

However that does not take into account momentum and to be honest. I am ok with the judgement calls it's just the obvious ones that **** me, like the Eels one last year.

That wasnt a forward pass,That was the quarterback hitting his wide receiver on the chest!

Physics has simple aspects,Dont even talk about quantum physics and the rammifications on a forward pass :p

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=186993.msg325442#msg325442 date=1300618143]
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186993.msg325407#msg325407 date=1300615709]

[/quote]

It was the dummy half pass in the lead up that went forward not the last ball to put the player in the hole but thats ok i guess?
[/quote]

Haha that pass was even less forward.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7