Can Kite & King stand up...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
To 2 of the best frontrowers in the NRL - Tamou & Scott.

Theres been plenty of talk that they are too old & slow & some (including myself) have previously questioned their aggression & ability to dominate the middle.

They have both answered their critics & are big match players so imo they can do it - only if at their absolute best.

The reason this battle has so much relevance is the fact the Cows gamebreakers JT & Bowen can only weave their magic on the back of the big boppers up front.

Though the Cows have super backrowers including the underrated Cooper & explosive Taumoloulo we have Choc, Trex & Gift who will match ANY backrow.

Whilst everyone raves about the JT /Bowen /Tate as dangers, imo the games result will hinge on Kite & King at least matching these 2 powerhouse props. Given Kite & Kings past records in pressure games they could well do it again to keep our season alive.

Kite will, Kingy needs to cool his aggression a little, but he'll hold his own. The bench will have to stand up this week. I'm hoping for no injuries so the bench can be fully utilised as Tooves sees fit.
Ashton Sims is another to watch on their forward rotation. He has been solid all year for them and seems to have stood taller after Tariq's injury.

Our forwards look tired, injured and fatigued. Joe, Choc, Tdog King are all carrying some pretty bad injuries it has shown in our 2nd halves & hardly ever finishing with a full bench rotation. At full fitness we would win this but we aren't add to that Wolf Lyon & Matai & I can't see us winning this in fact the Cows may run away with it in the last 15. I just hope the scoreline isn't embarrassing for us.

I think they will stand up.

Kite is in career best form, and King desperately wants to lead Manly out in a GF after missing out last season.

mickqld said:
Our forwards look tired, injured and fatigued. Joe, Choc, Tdog King are all carrying some pretty bad injuries it has shown in our 2nd halves & hardly ever finishing with a full bench rotation. At full fitness we would win this but we aren't add to that Wolf Lyon & Matai & I can't see us winning this in fact the Cows may run away with it in the last 15. I just hope the scoreline isn't embarrassing for us.

Cheers mate ;)

mickqld said:

Love your work Mick I have just put my house and yours on a Manly win.

Thats better Mick.Tooves is struggling badly as well dont you think?You couldnt be happy with his coaching surely.What do you reckon...?

mickqld said:

Come on Mick . You are famous for being the grim reaper , and most here prefer it that way. But don't be so down on the boys , they will do them selves and the club proud not matter the outcome .

Mick is "on fire".....and it's a simple fact.

Mick picks us....we lose
Mick picks the others...we win

Get your money on Manly!!

susan said:
Thats better Mick.Tooves is struggling badly as well dont you think?You couldnt be happy with his coaching surely.What do you reckon...?

Don't try and kill the Goose. I have to moderate these thoughts or it wont work properly okay. :rules:

For mine I still think they both lack the desired metres for this time of year. Tamou and Scott will most likely make around 150 metres for the game while King and Kite struggle to make over 100 metres week to week. Prop rotation will be vital this week, we need George Rose to play. His impact off the bench has been missing the last few weeks. I like Vic but I think its big Georgies time.

Does anyone have the stats for metres gained for King and Kite last week?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6