Can Barba dominate finals??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Ben Barba is a freakish talent - no doubt.
He has also improved in areas that showed major deficencies since 2011.
Although teams nominate him a danger player he still pops up right time, right place & is so good on his feet, unless challenged by a wall of straight defenders will find a way through.
He will also lap the field for Dally me honours in 2012.
Thing is, finals footy is different, tougher, more ruthless with far better kick chase & pressure for fullbacks under twice the heat of the average NRL clash.
Theres a good chance imo that Barba will still have flashes of brilliance, but will be shown up with errors, missed tackles, ragdolled & fumble critical pressure kicks.
Would prefer Inglis , Snake & Slater for the finals where reliability is key.
Happy to get shot down on this & hoping not by Barba in the finals, but imo Barba will come undone when it counts.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Ben Barba is a freakish talent - no doubt.
He has also improved in areas that showed major deficencies since 2011.
Although teams nominate him a danger player he still pops up right time, right place & is so good on his feet, unless challenged by a wall of straight defenders will find a way through.
He will also lap the field for Dally me honours in 2012.
Thing is, finals footy is different, tougher, more ruthless with far better kick chase & pressure for fullbacks under twice the heat of the average NRL clash.
Theres a good chance imo that Barba will still have flashes of brilliance, but will be shown up with errors, missed tackles, ragdolled & fumble critical pressure kicks.
Would prefer Inglis , Snake & Slater for the finals where reliability is key.
Happy to get shot down on this & hoping not by Barba in the finals, but imo Barba will come undone when it counts.

i reckon he will go alright, He just wants the footy and wants to be in everything, He will only come undone if his has bad lapses in D or under the bomb, he has the skill, involvement. Only if something/someone messes with his head will in unravel i reckon

But a fair question. Only time will tell, footy is a funny game. With 2 rounds left he may even pick up an injury and doesnt even play a finals game

i reckon he will go alright, He just wants the footy and wants to be in everything, He will only come undone if his has bad lapses in D or under the bomb, he has the skill, involvement. Only if something/someone messes with his head will in unravel i reckon

But a fair question. Only time will tell, footy is a funny game. With 2 rounds left he may even pick up an injury and doesnt even play a finals game

If we play to our potential we will dominate every player from every team . When we are hot we are unstoppable .

If we play to our potential we will dominate every player from every team . When we are hot we are unstoppable .

Already under discussion in another thread.

See the "Donkeys" thread

Already under discussion in another thread.

See the "Donkeys" thread

i thought we contained him pretty well the last time we met.
his first try was from a silly pass by whare, he didn't do anything else special until the grubber that hit the upright to score at the end of the game.
he even passed the ball instead of returning it from kicks himself which he never normally does.
so if teams do their homework they will be able to at least lessen his impact in attack.

i thought we contained him pretty well the last time we met.
his first try was from a silly pass by whare, he didn't do anything else special until the grubber that hit the upright to score at the end of the game.
he even passed the ball instead of returning it from kicks himself which he never normally does.
so if teams do their homework they will be able to at least lessen his impact in attack.

He hasn't been dominating games.

Like many other freakish talents, Hayne for instance he has the ability to turn games in a moment, and doesn't need to produce for the entire match. If you watch the last two Dogs games Barba was well and truly out played until he was gifted tries from the hard work of his teammates which lifted his confidence. He is a confidence player and when the pressure is applied will go to mud. Beware however if we let him in early, then he has the ability to make us suffer.

Now Reynolds... that's another matter, he is the kind of player that pressure helps, when things are going wrong he seems to dig deeper and find some form.

He hasn't been dominating games.

Like many other freakish talents, Hayne for instance he has the ability to turn games in a moment, and doesn't need to produce for the entire match. If you watch the last two Dogs games Barba was well and truly out played until he was gifted tries from the hard work of his teammates which lifted his confidence. He is a confidence player and when the pressure is applied will go to mud. Beware however if we let him in early, then he has the ability to make us suffer.

Now Reynolds... that's another matter, he is the kind of player that pressure helps, when things are going wrong he seems to dig deeper and find some form.

Can he dominate finals? Well, he's currently dominating the NRL at an even higher rate (in my view) than Hayne did in '09.

And Hayne dominated that finals series. So yeah, I reckon he can.

Can he dominate finals? Well, he's currently dominating the NRL at an even higher rate (in my view) than Hayne did in '09.

willstyles said:

but didn't hayne already have big game experience under his belt by 2009?
pretty sure he'd already played origin & test footy by '09?

barba is yet to play in any of those matches

willstyles said:

but didn't hayne already have big game experience under his belt by 2009?
pretty sure he'd already played origin & test footy by '09?

barba is yet to play in any of those matches

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4