Can all the doomsdayers please shut up?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro link said:
NYEagle,

. . .  What a boring place the world would be if we all agreed. ;D

Aha, but what if we all agree with your statement? If everyone agreed then they would freely disagree and the world would not be boring. And the statement would be proved false ???

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182682.msg255246#msg255246 date=1268878891]
NYEagle,

. . .  What a boring place the world would be if we all agreed. ;D

Aha, but what if we all agree with your statement? If everyone agreed then they would freely disagree and the world would not be boring. And the statement would be proved false ???
[/quote]  At least the goats would be left in peace.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182682.msg255246#msg255246 date=1268878891]
NYEagle,

. . .  What a boring place the world would be if we all agreed. ;D

[/quote]

Ahhh, there's always one
dash2.gif

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182682.msg255257#msg255257 date=1268881692]
Ahhh, there's always one
dash2.gif

Cant agree with you there.
[/quote]  I'd suggest there's more than one, generally.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Take the positives. We havent had pre season disruptions. We played brilliant first 40 minutes. The competition is closer than you think. there are upsets every week. Roosters have turned it around from wooden spooners. Even Newcastle played well, they had a horrible off season.

We've got a talented squad. Dessie is the best prepared coach in the NRL. So If all the players put in 100% thats all you can ask for.

Im a realist, we wont be contenders but on our day we can be them. Predicted finish 7th.

DSM5 link said:
Newbie seems to be coming on well, as does inside pass.
yes if i keep this up i might be able to spell my own name by seasons end.
:) :)
thanks 4 not being to hard on my guys

cat K,A,T well that how my Dad spells it :)

I admit no one likes the truth, But you cannot honestly say we lost Brett Stewart last year and we did fine. We may have did ok last year without him but we also had a an experieneced former Dally M halfback running the show. Now i know there will be people saying that Orford was a hinderance and i agree he struggled in attack but he was a brilliant organiser and we dont have that at the moment. And i reckon if we still had Orford des would have been more likely to use Hoppa Jnr but we dont have enough experience in the halves to have a fresh fullback out there also it is just too risky hoppa needs a few weeks training in that spot and then he will come in.

Foran will be as good if not better than ox but he needs time and unfortunately without stewy at fullback it has just thrown a massive amount of pressure on top of him and the rest of the team, It is going to make it really hard for the team to get used to and it will take ages, and thats why we are all gutted.

"it would be depressing for you It'd effect your bottom line on those packages...

Please everyone cheer up, Mark may have kids to feed!"

You seem to have a problem with me Missing-Something, and this has been going on for a long time.... your snide "shots" are starting to peeve me off big time.

By all means disagree with my opinions BUT your comments re my business arrangements with the Sea Eagles are wearing VERY VERY thin.

The very meagre amounts I make from the Sea Eagles packages are very "small fry" compared to the other work I do. I finalised one single group to Europe today that will make me about 20 times what I would make out of what I do in an entire year of Sea Eagles income.

And I am working on a group for Rugby World Cup now in 2011 that will make more in one year thasn 25 years of Sea Eagles trips, so pleeeese, don't think my comments about negativity are related to my income...for pete's sake mate, it will make nigh on bugger all difference for the year.

Perhaps if you could get your credit card out of your wallet and come on one of the trips I do rather than sit in cyber space and take "pot shots" you'd see why I really do the trips I do, in the meantime keep your small opinions to yourself please!!

I was just reading the club email that went out tonight and noticed the write-up on the tour to NZ for the Warriors game.  I think it's very good for the club to be able to promote a cohesive supporters tour such as that, and to have confidence in its delivery.  I'd venture to suggest few, if any, other Sydney clubs could boast the likes of it. 

It might be time to pull your head in on the snide remarks to Mark missing-something (and I know I've been guilty of this in the past).  I think we can take it as read re his lack of profit from it.

Thank you Matas....there is a few dollars in it at the end of the day, but quite seriously I do this because I just love the way it has brought people together and the atmosphere at away games now as a result is fantastic, incredible really. The joy (hate that word but it's the most reflective of what I am trying to say)...perhaps the pride....I get from sitting in the stands at Melbourne (as an example) where we had 120 people last year all cheering is amazing. The players are aware (and love it), the joint managing directors are aware (and love it) and it comes across well on TV.

My kids are all grown up (I have three grandkids now) and to be honest I am probably only a short while off pulling the pin and retiring, so money is the LAST of my worries at this stage of my life.

Some years ago there was a call for a supporters group, and I saw that this could develop by getting people together, and this I have done, and as I say it just piss*es me off when that small minded person just wants to have a constant shot at me about it.

As I say VERY happy for people to disagree with my opinions BUT please, do not denegrate what I have spent five years building with the away supporters group....you only have to read on MWSE what their opinions are of me over there.

Look without being disrespectful to brett, but he wasn't really having much
of an impact when we were up 20-8 so why should it be any different this week without him.It just goes to show we can still score tries without him.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Thank you Matas....there is a few dollars in it at the end of the day, but quite seriously I do this because I just love the way it has brought people together and the atmosphere at away games now as a result is fantastic, incredible really. The joy (hate that word but it's the most reflective of what I am trying to say)...perhaps the pride....I get from sitting in the stands at Melbourne (as an example) where we had 120 people last year all cheering is amazing. The players are aware (and love it), the joint managing directors are aware (and love it) and it comes across well on TV.

My kids are all grown up (I have three grandkids now) and to be honest I am probably only a short while off pulling the pin and retiring, so money is the LAST of my worries at this stage of my life.

Some years ago there was a call for a supporters group, and I saw that this could develop by getting people together, and this I have done, and as I say it just piss*es me off when that small minded person just wants to have a constant shot at me about it.

As I say VERY happy for people to disagree with my opinions BUT please, do not denegrate what I have spent five years building with the away supporters group....you only have to read on MWSE what their opinions are of me over there.

Cheers up Mark, you are the first person ever to get an apology of sorts out of Mata, you should be honoured.

You should always keep in mind that most of his comments are just trying to drum up responces, he is the Germain Greer of this site if you will. Deep down Mata loves the eagles without reason like all of us, and once you take away the armour that is the keyboard he is jsut a cute little putty cat.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Look without being disrespectful to brett, but he wasn't really having much
of an impact when we were up 20-8 so why should it be any different this week without him.It just goes to show we can still score tries without him.
 Pretty simplistic to suggest that.  His mere presence and reputation would have meant he is watched and resources committed to the possibility he might chime into the line.  With Robbo at fullback it is a whole new game plan as he is not as much of a threat.  

Now the defense can tee-up on Lyon and to a lesser extent Foran, cutting down their time and limiting their options.  Perhaps part of the reason why Orford spent most of last year doing a Michael Monaghan impersonation.

Mata and I have sorted our differences out, I don't always agree with him but I don't attack him and vice versa.

I have NO problems when it's a verbal attack on an opinion, it's when it gets personal that I get riled up.

AND there are times (such as the Brookvale Oval idea) where he makes a lot of sense.

But one thing is for certain we are all very pasionate supporters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7