1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Smith Character References

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Lord Eagleton, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    You got to love it when Smith gets called out for being the grub he is (rare, i know). Check the comments on this facebook posted News Ltd article. Re McKinnon calling out Cam Smith, for blaming him for the tackle that paralysed him. He gets hammered, its quality. I feel like all of them could be Silvertails posters

''Hang yr head in shame cameron smith. Once a grub always a grub.''
    ''Cameron Smith is a grub''
    ''Grub. I hope klemmer destroys him on Wednesday''
    ''Cameron Smith should be in wheelchair as well''
    ''Cameron and billy are the untouchable Dogs of rugby league''
    ''Finally the public will see what Cameron Smith really is .. A grub. Everyone could see Alex was in serious trouble & this germ carried on & on at the ref''
    ''Cameron smith is a dog grub''
    ''Smith grub salary cap cheat''
    ''Cameron smith makes my skin crawl. Should be ashamed of himself.''
    ''Cameron Smith is a piece of .....''

https://www.facebook.com/SportTelegraph/posts/988121114566017?comment_tracking={"tn":"O"}

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mave

mave Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +720 / 28
    Im finding it hard to mount a counter argument to any of those facebook posts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    As good as they are we need to take in to account that there is a bit of bias in most of those comments, as they were posted by his wife and parents.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,345 / 111
    He is still a grub and happily expoilts his position to influence referees.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,403 / 257
    Cam's the Aussie captain, premiership winner and has pretty much accomplished everything in the game. I don't think he gives two ****s about being called a grub.

6. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    ''Cameron Smith should be in wheelchair as well''

This is the type of stupid comment Silvertails don't need! Grub is one thing, wishing that on someone is completely another, grow up.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Imagine what the people that don't know Cam personally, think of him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  8. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Captain teflon, gets away week in week out with murder around the ruck, win at all costs guy who was a focal point for the grappling that mars the game, accepting 2 different contracts and when a stricken young Alex McKinnon was beeing attended to argued the toss about if young Alex had not ducked his head during the drizzle teams illegal tackle he would have been ok.

History will show that this guy has been involved in premiership wins, illegal and legal and countless origin wins but will be remembered for his gamesmanship and niggling crap, like the time he kneed Hayne in the back when Hayne scored a try in origin.

The really scary thing is the powers that be see him as an immortal, thats frightening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    i don't think Matt Ballin invites Elbow Smith to barbecues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Maybe our hookers should play the same game style as cam.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bones

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    It wasn't posted by a ST member. It was copied and pasted from the Facebook comments.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Come on how can anyone impeach on Capt Teflon's impeccable record.
    The instigator of coach Martina's grubby wrestling, grappling,neck straining, shoulder dislocating tactics.
    The innocent party to salary cap rorting. Knew nothing about the multiple contracts he signed.
    Then blames a player for deliberately trying to paralyze himself just to argue a penalty.
    Not to mention many other acts of grubbery over the years.
    Finally someone has called out this creep and there's not one thing this grub can say to come back at it without looking like the piece of sht that he is
    But I'm sure all his maroon moron backers will stick up for him especially that hypocrite bald headed fukwit Lewis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    He's a grub.... I am still amazed with the repeated elbows to Mat B's head & then the storm being awarded a penalty for it..... Untouchable he is....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bones

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    He is a grub I agree but he isn't untouchable. He did miss a GF through suspension.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Apparently Alex McKinnon bashes his personality in his new book/

16. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Cam Smith then daylight then Cliff Watson, Grub Slater, then the rest . . .

17. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    Yes but since then...

The trouble is he is very smart about it and people who either have a passing interest or those with a vested interest in the image of the game (the broadcasters and the governing body) just don't see or don't care what he gets up to on the field.

Basically only fans of other clubs who don't go for QLD see and remember the dirty tactics he gets away with.

Everyone else seems to either feel like he was unlucky to miss a GF due to carryover points or just forget about it all together.

IMO the tackle on Thaiday in 2008 was much worse than any accidental high or lifting tackle and it's a joke that even with carryovers he only got 2 games.

Don't forget before Origin I this year Mr Clean got more carryovers for repeatedly kicking Isaac Luke in the head (which should have been at least 1 game, even with an early plea) and everyone in the media went on with the old "it's not his go" BS.

Hopefully history repeats and he cops a minor charge in R26 that wipes him out of another finals game and they get smashed with him and his grubby mate Billy watching on from the sidelines - or even better, in the box with Bellamy.

18. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    I see all videos showing Smith arguing with the ref after the Mckinnon tackle have mystically disappeared from youtube & elsewhere.......

19. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    He wasn't Qld or Australian captain then, Lockyer was. No need for him to be untouchable.

Since he got the rep captaincies though he's been put on such a pedestal by the media, especially Ch.9, that they can't see him for what he really is, and unfortunately the NRL refs have bought into it.

He didn't know he had signed two contracts for the Scum? Yeah, and yesterday I was a schoolgirl with pigtails.......

He has been the on-field leader of Bellyache's backyard wrestling tactics that has infested the NRL and continues to be the leading exponent.

The really sad part is that he is actually a good player. He doesn't need all the crap that he has in his game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5