Cam Smith is toast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If the NRL is to have any credibility they must ensure Smith is charged for that grapple tackle.  He was twisting Thaiday's head around (no easy feat) in the same way you would see a rodeo rider attempt when trying to bring down a calf.

His carryover points kill him Garts

The media that SHOULD surround this SHOULD get him suspended, but will it, i am not so sure

M Johns will be on the Roast though BE

While on this topic, i thought Shayne Hayne had a great game in a tough environment last night, he gave them a stern warning, and then got right in there and policed the ruck from right on top of it. imo he is far and away the best ref and should get the GF, but i think we may have to overcome Archer this weekend

Not Haynes fault this one, more the touchie, but how the **** did Crocker stay on the field after running 15m to join in the fight

I thought Hayne had an ordinary game.  No report for the grapple when two sideline idiots came on and no report for Crockhead.  Storm were able to get away with a lot of markers not standing square up as well.  And the odd forward pass from Smith.  Ordinary. 

DSM5 link said:
I thought Hayne had an ordinary game.  No report for the grapple when two sideline idiots came on and no report for Crockhead.  Storm were able to get away with a lot of markers not standing square up as well.  And the odd forward pass from Smith.  Ordinary.  

The touch judge said "9 was up around the neck, only worth a caution" the other one said something like "I am reporting 13 for running in"

So Hayne did what his touch judge told him, great reffing

It'll be picked up by the match review committee through the week.  Hayne gave some idiot ten minutes for a late bump, and didn't put Crockhead  on report for running in.  Where is the leadership with these grubby acts, on the sidelines or with the ref?   

I'll be surprised if Smith even gets charged.

I thought Hayne had a reasonable game last night, he did his best to keep control of the ruck, but it ain't easy when you really could penalise just about every tackle for something. I'm still very disappointed about the blanket acceptance by the refs of the person playing the ball walking off the mark to alienate the markers. Ok we don't have to have a penalty every time, just blow the whistle and make them play it again on the mark, kills all their momentum and allows the defence to get set again. If they persist then blow a penalty, the "shortened the 10" call doesn't worry the attacking side one iota.

If he gets charged (any charge) he gets two weeks.  He has 99 carryover points and even an early guilty plea see him get 125 points because of a previous offense this season - total 224 and 2 weeks.

The only way he gets away with it is if they don't charge him with grappling, but with contrary conduct.  Therefore no previous offense and no loading.  I think under this scenario it would be 99+82 and one week out.

But imagine the outcry if they charge him with contrary conduct when it is so clearly a grapple issue?

I thought Hayne was outstanding last night under fire and we will get him this week as they won't appoint him to consecutive Storm games.  Anyone but Archer or Robinson in the GF will do me.

DSM5 link said:

Have to agree with DSM5 here. I thought Hayne was responsible for the aggro. If he'd kept on top of the ruck from the start of the game it would never have got that far. Way too many grapples, hands on the ball, holding down, walking sideways off the mark, etc. Eventually the Broncos got sick of it and took it into their own hands.
Still, given our record under him, I'd prefer Hayne in the GF:)

Well, i noticed the Sunday Shows today are adamant that is was not a grapple tackel, but was contact to the head

I can already smell him getting off

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Well, i noticed the Sunday Shows today are adamant that is was not a grapple tackel, but was contact to the head

I can already smell him getting off

whats the grading for attacking the head , which is also clearly what he did

His hands were clearly around his head in an attempt to reef it out of the neck and then he was probably going to hoik it over the sideline.  Clearly under the grapple definition. 

Where does this Cam Smith grub come from with comments like this. Smith said on the news tonight he's uncerned about the grapple tackles and he didn't try to stretch Thaiday's neck this guys a grub along with their whole team is he for real FF's

The contact was his arm trying to screw the head of the player.  Grapple for sure or at least under the meaning of attacking the head of an opposing player, ie grapple.    I thought the head was sacrosant

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2