Call to arms - Manly’s ‘M&W’ Army - 7,056 die hards required & more at SFS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
The dedicated Manly supporters bays at the SFS for the Fri 23rd Sept Preliminary Final will be on the eastern side concourse:

Category 1 (Bays 32-34), Category 2 (Bay 31), Category 3 (Bays 29-30), plus need to take our Bay 35 (Category 1) on the Halfway line.

The info I have is that each bay is 24 seats by 42 rows = 1,008 seats in each bay. We will have 7 bays to fill (100% Manly), so we need 7,056 "fanatical & die hard Manly supporters" with loud voices (and in the full Maroon & White colours) in the dedicated Manly supporters bays and nearby (and tens of thousands elsewhere around the ground).

“Week Three Finals Tickets sale dates:
Ticket Club Members: 10am - 6pm Monday, September 19
MyNRL Members: 8pm Monday September 19 - 8am Tuesday September 20
Non Ticketed Club Members: 8pm Monday September 19 - 8am Tuesday September 20
General Public: 10am Tuesday September 20.
Tickets from from (Category 3) Adult $30, Concession $25, Junior $20 or Family tickets $85."

It’s not what your MANLY TEAM can do for you, but what “YOU” can do for YOUR MANLY TEAM.

Enlist now and let's fill the SFS with Maroon & White with 30,000+ Manly supporters on both sides and around the stadium to get behind our boys!

Cut & paste this into your social web pages (& ask others to forward on). We need everyone buying tickets from Ticketek come Monday & Tuesday morning. We filled the same supporter's bays for the same games in 07 & 08 - Preliminary Final's - with great success on the night ...!!!:)

RE: Call to arms - Manly’s ‘M&W’ Army - 7,056 die hard required at SFS

OMG. You just joined ST today & 33 posts already

Well done Eagles Nest!!

I reckon we'll be right, and in fact will fill more than that...bit of a bummer that it is a Friday night but we have a good start with the MWTS group having 150 already!!

Bring it on

PS: you seem very passionate so how about joining the MWTS brigade...just send me an e-mail (see below) and also look out for our Facebook page

I'm hoping we get more than 7,056 manly fans to that game, should be more like 27,056.

35000 Lucky phil

There were about 12,000 there last Saturday so I don't see why we can't get more than that this time.

Thehill said:
There were about 12,000 there last Saturday so I don't see why we can't get more than that this time.

Whilst there was 12,000 or so Manly fans at the Cowboys game in total, there would have been only 3,500 in the seven dedicated Manly bays in the eastern concourse. So we need to fill 7,000 in these Manly bays or 10,000 if taking further bays around plus another 15,000+ around the rest of the ground 25,000+ in total with Manly fans. Need to spread the message ...

I'd like to think that we could get 30,000 to this one. I know as a fact, because they are in my group of 43 tickets, that there a few coming down from Brisbane for the game. That's a lot further to travel than the Northern Beaches so people need to stop being a pack of wusses and bring your family to the game.

This is an opportunity to show the young ones why they support such an amazing club. Get them out there, get the blood boiling.

I just hope we get the number we got at Brookie the last time we played a Friday night game, then add the 10,000 + who couldn't make that game because they work in the City.

Eagles Nest 08 said:
The dedicated Manly supporters bays at the SFS for the Fri 23rd Sept Preliminary Final will be on the eastern side concourse:

Category 1 (Bays 32-34), Category 2 (Bay 31), Category 3 (Bays 29-30), plus need to take our Bay 35 (Category 1) on the Halfway line.

“Week Three Finals Tickets sale dates:
Ticket Club Members: 10am - 6pm Monday, September 19
MyNRL Members: 8pm Monday September 19 - 8am Tuesday September 20
Non Ticketed Club Members: 8pm Monday September 19 - 8am Tuesday September 20
General Public: 10am Tuesday September 20”.

Good stuff, thanks for this info.

Am trying to rustle up a couple of mates to join me driving down & back from Newie that day for the SFS game.
If I do go, I'll refer to that seating bays info above and try to get tickets in one of them.
I'll also post in these forums if I have a spare seat or 2 & if anyone from up here may like a lift.

Go Manly!

Yes I will be getting a ticket in the supporters area. Went to the Cowboys game but cause there was heaps of space took a seat just in general admission behind goal posts - ended up seated near 2 drunk bozo's who were not Cowboys fans but their focus was to specifically cheer against Manly and hurl insults ( looked like Souths supporters or something ).

I wont be making that mistake again.... supporters bay all the way for me.

codewana said:
I how you were sitting behind the right goalposts!

Nope - picked the wrong end .. was behind the posts Manly attacked in the first half. Didnt see much action or a try all night that end. Didnt want to switch ends at half time cause words had been exchanged with the drunks & wanted to 'square up' if we launched a comeback. So saw all the try action 2nd half from 100m away. But the drunks left the ground with 15 minutes to go rather hastily.

Jono said:
I'd like to think that we could get 30,000 to this one. I know as a fact, because they are in my group of 43 tickets, that there a few coming down from Brisbane for the game. That's a lot further to travel than the Northern Beaches so people need to stop being a pack of wusses and bring your family to the game.

This is an opportunity to show the young ones why they support such an amazing club. Get them out there, get the blood boiling.

I just hope we get the number we got at Brookie the last time we played a Friday night game, then add the 10,000 + who couldn't make that game because they work in the City.

I am aware of people coming from North Queensland, central Queensland and quite a few from Brisbane.

Each would be paying between $500 to $1000 just to be there for this game, so I agree Jono, sitting at home and watching on TV IF you are a Sydney based Manly fan means you are a wuss!!

But don't worry there are plenty....just watch the 50,000 that will come out on GF day that won't turn up until we play the next one!!

Or you just can't justify paying exorbitant sums of money for an inferior view.
I agree with the sentiment of these kinds of posts, but is guilt really the way to encourage fan attendance?

If we make it to the Grand Final you will find at least two people flying in from Hervey Bay as well

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jono said:

I am aware of people coming from North Queensland, central Queensland and quite a few from Brisbane.

Each would be paying between $500 to $1000 just to be there for this game, so I agree Jono, sitting at home and watching on TV IF you are a Sydney based Manly fan means you are a wuss!!

But don't worry there are plenty....just watch the 50,000 that will come out on GF day that won't turn up until we play the next one!!

Mark, you shouldn't be giving me ammo for my weekly bandwagon rants ;)

codewana said:
I agree with the sentiment of these kinds of posts, but is guilt really the way to encourage fan attendance?

Inferior view? You will always get an inferior view at the footy compared to on the TV, if you want to always watch the ball. At the game you can see plays being set up before the people on TV can. In addition you get to be a port of the atmosphere, something that watching on TV just cannot give you. I much prefer all this as it adds different factors to the experience of going to a footy match.

Yes, it isn't as cheap as a game in the regular rounds. However, this game would be this price and at the SFS no matter what. Money is fair excuse. However, if we get 50,000 the following week to the Grand Final and only 20,000 to the SFS next week, it's got nothing to do with money or the view...ANZ tickets are double the price and the view is worse.

Jono said:
codewana said:

Inferior view? You will always get an inferior view at the footy compared to on the TV, if you want to always watch the ball. At the game you can see plays being set up before the people on TV can. In addition you get to be a port of the atmosphere, something that watching on TV just cannot give you. I much prefer all this as it adds different factors to the experience of going to a footy match.

Yes, it isn't as cheap as a game in the regular rounds. However, this game would be this price and at the SFS no matter what. Money is fair excuse. However, if we get 50,000 the following week to the Grand Final and only 20,000 to the SFS next week, it's got nothing to do with money or the view...ANZ tickets are double the price and the view is worse.

To each their own with the view I suppose. If I want to watch the game and really see what's going on, I find TV superior. If I want atmosphere, a day out with mates and a few beers you can't beat the live experience.

This is an interesting point, but imagine if you've been able to scramble up, say, $150. Would you go to a qualifying final and not be able to get decent seats (if any) at the GF should the team make it? Or would you save the money, pray your team gets through, and have an awesome GF experience? Not sure on this one tbh. Fortunately, I'm not in such a position at the moment and will be doing my best to make both games! :)

codewana said:

It's nothing to do with "guilt"...I am simply stating the facts that some people are going to extraordinary lengths to attend this game, and I don't quite understand why the 50,000, ok let's call them "band wagon" supporters suddenly come out only when we are in a GF and not at other times.

Sure it's a better, cheaper, safer, warmer (cooler), more comfortable watch on TV....but let me tell you last Saturday night, jumping up and down in my loungeroom had ZERO atmosphere to what I saw happening in the second half and at the end of the game.

Those people who attended were rewarded with one of the great atmosphere's of any game this year, even with a small crowd, and I was bloody jealous!!

TV.....bah...give me live footy ANY day of the week!!

For sure Mark. I wasn't having a dig at you :).

I understand what you and Jono are saying, but I just don't see the need for name calling those supporters/fans/bandwagoners/whatever who don't attand the games, especially when there are sometimes mitigating factors such as a budget.

Please don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate what you and Jono and Vidmar and Dan (and many others) do for the fans - providing an awesome community is the best way to encourage attendance and support the club. I'm just not a fan of labeling some people who can't make it 'wusses' or suggesting they should feel bad for not attending - that's all.

Looking forward to attending the next few games (if allowed)!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6