Call to Arms...FOR MANLY!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't believe Gronk has dissed one of the best Manly banners of all time.

"I love Bever" needs to make a comeback.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=185456.msg297577#msg297577 date=1285312765]
\"Push it up the guts ya pigs!\"

And anything else along those lines.

Pretty simple really.

Shhh, doesnt fit dans threadbare arguement.

Besides he has promised the greatest banner ever made for next year at every game
[/quote]  Dan's banner is far better than any other.  It's called www.silvertails.net and if you question his commitment you need to give yourself an uppercut.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
push it up
see below
90Hoppa.jpg

Applaud for that B_e !! That is one of the first things that comes to mind regarding that banner.

And it still doesn't make sense, he was playing for the Tigers.

Bog ordinary sign, but they're committed Manly fans, so good on them for that. It is a bad sign though.

Hey Volley, read my earlier post. I've explained the sign, so negative comments towards it are now out of line.

Sign good.
People not like sign, bad.

Any post re the Hoppa finger gets an automatic smite. It's Terry Lambs thing.

Wish I'd checked out this thread earlier. ;D

Personally I reckon the sign is perfect, the fact the words can't really be understood in any literal sense only adds to its mysterious power. Anyway, it includes the words "Up Manly" so the gist is clear. 

For what ít's worth, the image I get from it is when we are taking hit ups out of our own end, trying to punch forward and bend the line, or muscling up in defence to pin the other team in their quarter.
(Also reminds me of, 'push it, push it some more, ala la lala la)  :)

No where did I promise the worlds best banner in fact what I said is that we should collectively invest in getting a better professional one. In reality any would be better than that one, jeez a blank one even.

Might just have to invest in a silvertails. Net one.

I quite like the silvertails and proud banner even if grammatically it is incorrect

Matabele link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185456.msg297515#msg297515 date=1285303227]

Best fans in the word are English football fans - i do not see any signs...and there is a great atmosphere
  I'd love to know how they orchestrate such elaborate chanting.  It's a crack up to listen to it go on for 90 minutes.  I guess with the Northern teams their supporters are just dole bludgers so they have nothing better to do?
[/quote]
lsz link said:
It is historical i.e. has gone on for so long it just happens (in most cases)

there are a couple of ring leaders who set the mode and everyone else follows

Well you know what to do first home game next year!

I think it is unfortunate but from the games I have attended in the last few years (about 4 or 5 a year as its a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to brookie) our fans seem to be a lot quieter than certain others... I was at the sharks game this year and their 50-odd fans... despite their horrible performances all year... were more vocal than the 14 thousand we had! Guess they need something to entertain themselves as their team doesn't, but I think if we made our support more vocal we would return brookie to the fortress it was! (as long as they fix the ground up a bit)

lsz link said:
Best fans in the word are English football fans - i do not see any signs...and there is a great atmosphere

Your looking in the wrong places. I use to think the same about the ESL but they have there signs hanging from a higher point in the stadium.

Duff link said:
Hey Volley, read my earlier post. I've explained the sign, so negative comments towards it are now out of line.

Sign good.

Forwards dont "push it up the guts" Duff so regardless of your explanation, the sign still makes no sense and deserves to be bagged as it is A **** SIGN!!!!

Forwards make Hit Ups. Not Push Ups.

Ant they have signs which they hang over railings (and in europe large banners of the club etc) not the banners like we have here

i cant believe jono hasnt come in here to defend his sign or atleast explain the meaning  of it to all you`s .. ::)

me i dnt need explaining i knw what it means..  8)

jjai link said:
i cant believe jono hasnt come in here to defend his sign or atleast explain the meaning  of it to all you`s .. ::)

me i dnt need explaining i knw what it means..  8)

It isn't Jono's sign so that may have something to do with it.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=185456.msg297686#msg297686 date=1285368015]

Sign good.

Forwards dont "push it up the guts" Duff so regardless of your explanation, the sign still makes no sense and deserves to be bagged as it is A s**t SIGN!!!!

Forwards make Hit Ups. Not Push Ups.
[/quote]

No Clon, forwards don't make push ups. But hit ups is just a term invented in the last ten or so years, so it's not really a proper term either. You're just willing accept it because it's used in the media.

So much nonsense,the worst Manly banner ever was on display in the same game where you tools are against our team pushing up the pill towards the opposition try line

What about the JAIMIE sign? lol?

Shane link said:
So much nonsense,the worst Manly banner ever was on display in the same game where you tools are against our team pushing up the pill towards the opposition try line

What about the JAIMIE sign? lol?

BEVER is worse than JAIMIE

PUSH IT UP MANLY  is better than  LET EM IN MANLY..  thats why we push the oppositions attack away from our try line & push our attack onto their line ...  ;D

jjai link said:
PUSH IT UP MANLY  is better than  LET EM IN MANLY..  thats why we push the oppositions attack away from our try line & push our attack onto their line ...  ;D

Damn tootin

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6