1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye Bye Wests Tigers

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    What is going on with the NRL. Something in the water? Things falling apart all over the place. Now the WT joint venture is as fragile as Northern Eagles was in 2001.

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    What JV could be argued has worked? Only StG-I. And that was a complete 100% takeover (apart from the Illawarra socks) involving two clubs with the same colours and a shared history.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Illawarra have as much say in that club as does Warringah, Bankstown & Sutherland in their NRL clubs.

4. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    Power play by Wests Ashfield. There will be no wests tigers it will be western suburbs magpies

5. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 35
    Mergers were always going to be problematic. Both sides were always going to have their own interest in hand. Which has resulted in dramas.

6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Bye Bye Sharks. Bye Bye Tigers. It's all happening. Can we have a Bye Bye Storm, Broncos and Greenberg thread?:)
    [hr]
    Sheesh, how could I forget the dogs. Bye Bye dogs.

7. Pride

Pride Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Time to form the Tiger Sharks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Sharks. Tigers. If two Sydney teams disappear it will help Manly's chance of long term survival. See ya ;)

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    So we can have mass extinction - Tigers, Sharks, Tiger Sharks, and Catfish.

10. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 2
    if balmain didnt own the tigers brand i wonder if theyd still be continuing with the venture?

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Western suburbs should take the club over and grow the game out in the south western suburbs as a true outer suburb team. This hybrid inner/outer thing is just stupid. The hybrid team only plays out of Leichhardt two or three times a year so what's the point? It just leaves Campbeltown and surrounds to soccer and AFL to grow their teams. Get rid of the tigers once and for all.

12. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    The inner western part of the merger makes sense, the ashfield to balmain bit, but the campbelltown link is spurious. It makes no sense on a map.

13. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Having lived in leichhardt for nearly a year, and i visit balmain quite a bit I have see 1 person ever wearing tigers merchandise in all that time. All i see is souths, souths souths, but there are a lot of dentists on norton and marion streets

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Never been out to Campbelltown but got to Liechhardt a month or so back and what a great little ground it is ! Loved it

The merger always seems to be on the slippery slope though

15. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    in Leichhardt last weekend and noticed robbie's restaurant has closed down as well

let the tigers die, let the magpies carry on playing nsw cup
    let the sharks die

bring in new teams in Perth and Qld (Brisbane or Central Qld)

16. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    What are you Miss Kate, an Undertaker?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    After losing our club for a few years, I can never really understand why people then wish that upon other clubs and their sets of supporters

18. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Hey Kiwi, if u supported Western Suburbs or Balmain u have already lost your team...Its just not working...

Give both clubs the offer of central coast and who ever can get going first with a solid proposal, gets the cash and their club back....

19. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Agree Kiwi Eagle. I hope the NRL is able to add teams in the future because there is enough players and money. In saying that, it really made sense that the NRL redefined territories and licences when it took over.

20. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Burleigh Heads
    Ratings:
    +401 / 48
    Hahaha, hilarious The Who

Anyway, who cares who goes as long as Manly stay, I know no more Fibro vs Silvertails, or Leichhardt Oval, and may be a bit selfish but lets face the fact,

it is all about me and you and us and Brookvale Oval at the end of the day :)

Go Manly