1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

by popular demand

Discussion in 'Rugby League Trivia' started by SeaEagleRock8, Jul 19, 2011.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Who am I?
    I made over 30 top grade appearances for Manly over the course of two seasons, many years ago.
    That was during the period leading up to our first ever premiership victory.
    Following my stint with Manly I played a season with Newtown.

The best way to find my identity is some picture clues!
    I have a first and a last name, and I was born a boy (I know, that should be obvious).
    Anyway, Pictures 1 & 2 are each associated with one of my names. (Sort of…haha)
    Picture 3 should wrap it up for you: think Tim & Tom, " …"- "….", and simply substitute $1000 for 1000.
    If still stuck, try Picture 4 – not sure why that would help but you never know.
    Good luck!

PICTURE 1
    [​IMG]

PICTURE 2
    [​IMG]

PICTURE 3
    [​IMG]

PICTURE 4
    [​IMG]

2. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I don t know is it Frank Stanton.. is that 2nd pic gough whitlam ??

i dont knw what watmough & danny partridge have to do with it
    :argue:

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Good start jjai. Yeah it might be Gough, although I was trying to picture that face with headgear, something familiar about it, lol

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
  5. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    That is correct! Danny was a fast, wiry winger from memory, not sure why he didn't carry on with Manly. He played the 1969 and 1970 seasons, don't think he was in our GF team in '70 though.

Pics 2 & 4 are simply the names Danny and Gough, did you work the others out?

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    You lost me with some of those clues SER8. As Pauline would say "Please explain" :)

7. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Well, Pic 1 is Frank Hyde. Apart from his fantastic radio calls he is widely known for singing, especially the classic 'Danny Boy' :)

As for Chock ... Tim & Tom were characters on Matthew Johns now-defunct tv show. They were alleged Manly fans who practised a synchronised chant, one would call 'Wat' and the other responded 'Mough' :huh:

Now the Roman numeral for a thousand is M. If you remove the M from Mough and substitute G (G being an accepted term for a thousand bucks) you get Gough. :huh: :huh:

= Danny Gough :D

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    that's just bloody stupid

9. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Frank Partridge..
    Danny Watmough..
    Anthony Whitlam..
    Hyde Gough....

10. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Haha it was your idea to make this trivia forum, not mine!
    (Maybe a bit obscure, though I confess. )

I reckon the shot of Watmough finally solves the issue of why the hell he drops the ball - he does not even look at it. Such an elementary error, I blame Des for not teaching him that one.

11. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I think he just scored mate & is just tossing the ball over his shoulder

12. jyoti11

jyoti11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Buy Popular Demand is Chicago's premiere women's consignment boutique. We are a family owned, family run business with a 20 year legacy.

tradus coupons discount codes