Buzzhead Rothfield is at again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Abbott's reply to the budget speech talked of clawing back 50 BILLION. He's never going to throw 20 Million at Brookvale. Anyone who thinks he will lives in Dreamland. Haven't we all been here before?

Exactly right DSM5 exactly right. By the way nice to say hi the other night. You'll have to excuse me, Leanne and I were really tired after the drive down as well as broken sleep with bubba.

Daniel said:
You tell us all the time how you speak to Reilly, have you ever taken your concerns and questions to Penn?

And Byso I don't follow either faction, I am a realist however and see paranoia as a disease.
The realit of it all is that whether we have one owner or two doesn't really matter, the decisions will and should be made for the better of the business not for the nostalgia

This talk of "giving up the fight" and do on is bizarre, I mean what fight? There isn't one but an imagined one against imagined evils. Get a grip

Dan the fight for brookvale and don't you own this site. Isn't this a place to post your opinions. Its not propaganda its my opinion.
Yes I have spoken to the pens,they want control. They have said it.

Control doesn't mean they want to take the club away from brookie. Ffs they want control because they own a business of which they have no control.

Yes I own the site and yes opinion is fine but what are you saying? That I can't have a counter view to yours?

Wow how bad would this place be if we lost on the weekend!

I don't claim to know much, but I will say - the Penn's are rubbish at business if they are holding on for this long to move games away and disband the Sea Eagles, they have lost enough, unless they are genuinely connected to the team and it's success....

And as far as games away from Brookie - if it keeps my team in the game, then so be it, better than being a Newtown supporter.

Daniel said:
Control doesn't mean they want to take the club away from brookie. Ffs they want control because they own a business of which they have no control.

Yes I own the site and yes opinion is fine but what are you saying? That I can't have a counter view to yours?

Apparently so, you must be both an omnipintent being and a follower

I vote we move to Suncorp Stadium. We cant lose there and there is a ****load of us up here to support the team.

byso said:
Dan, I don't think it's a secret that you are pro penn.

Mate I am forever who can just take us forward, if that is the penns so be it. They have the business runs on the board to do so.
They have always also believed in not involving themselves on football matters.

By the way just because I was anti-delmage does not mean I am pro penn.

I believe they are currently the best assert for the business side of things. They back out I can't see anyone really wanting to involve themselves. URM talk a lot but I doubt when it comes to it they would want to throw money away like that

One other thing I find amusing is the des saga everyone talking about him being a control freak with player contracts etc, where do you think that stems from, it wouldn't have to do with a trusty steed incident would it?

To be honest as everything currently stands everything is running quite well but I strongly disagree with the actions mentioned by rothfield if they are in fact true. Those sorts of actions are dangerous and destabilising.

byso said:
Dan, I don't think it's a secret that you are pro penn.

Yes he is and I am pro the members keeping the others (not bastards) honest. Penns brought into a partnership arrangement stop trying to change it. They don't need to put money in now with Perry in charge.
They need to work with every one else in the company and stop trying to run people out.

Penn showed an ugly side when he attempted to embarrass delmege at a press conference over 400k with Grant Mayer. Which was supposed to be announcing a new major sponsor.

Cameron said:
Legal Eagles at it Again

THERE'S more drama in the football club administration at the Manly Sea Eagles.

An employee was sacked last month to make way for the appointment of board member and former player Darrell Williams in the sales department.

It came as a shock because his position was terminated just three days after the club gave him 100 new business cards.

The former employee is now taking legal action, claiming unfair dismissal.

The most important thing I want to know is,

How did they only get 100 cards printed?

Everywhere I look it's a minimum of 250!!

lovefooty said:
No ,only that that all the others including Quontum thought Perry was the right man for the job and not a yes man for one out of three other owners.

And they were right. Perry has done a fantastic job and anyone that says otherwise obviously has an agenda they are trying to push, not thinking about the future of our club.

Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:
But they aren't dishonest. How do you know they FC is honest?

At the end of the day it comes down to the following.
Do you want a club to follow wherever that will be, or do you want it to die out at brookie?

And Dan there it is.
Brookvale has a long way to go before we give up on it .
I have read before that you are in QLD and I understand that but We will have another 20mil from Abbott our local member when he wins office.
Even if you don't like him look at what Howard did for Kogara.
I know the Penn's would like to sell more games away from brooky and that's why I am a F/C member. The 10 home games are the members. They never got sold off in privatization.

Jeez your eyes must be itchy from that wool.
We won't get a cent from Abbott. Even if we do, the council will syphine it away again and we will have to play at least one season away from brookvale, by which time the league will bring in a change forcing us away from suburban grounds.

I now live in QLD but only for the past 5 years, I regularly attended games all over Sydney and to be honest it wouldn't have phased me to go to the Moore park each week.

The world is moving on to quote the dark tower. You are going to need to eventually get used to that.

Trust me Abbott will have a hard time justifying $20m for a sports ground in Sydney when he has 9.5% unemployment and major road upgrades in towns like Hervey Bay that need doing

Political stunts aren't going to get that man in power and keep him there.

Your issue is that you have spoken with one faction and swallowed everything you have been told without actually asking the position of the other party. All this "they want to take us away from brookie" thing was and is a myth that was put around as a fear exercise to sure up the opinion and position of another

Everyone knows here where my allegiances lie in regards to Tony Abbott. However, I completely agree with Dan on this one. Abbott may have been able to afford it during the Howard days. However, since the GFC this country isn't making the money we were. Therefore, getting more people in employment, getting rid of the debts, bringing down cost of living prices and building more important infrastructure (like the North West Rail Link), are far more important. I'd gve it another 10 years before we get any signs of money for Brookie. At least we'll have time to put together plans for the upgrade by then.

Jono said:
lovefooty said:
No ,only that that all the others including Quontum thought Perry was the right man for the job and not a yes man for one out of three other owners.

And they were right. Perry has done a fantastic job and anyone that says otherwise obviously has an agenda they are trying to push, not thinking about the future of our club.

Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

Do you want a club to follow wherever that will be, or do you want it to die out at brookie?

And Dan there it is.
I have read before that you are in QLD and I understand that but We will have another 20mil from Abbott our local member when he wins office.
I know the Penn's would like to sell more games away from brooky and that's why I am a F/C member. The 10 home games are the members. They never got sold off in privatization.

We won't get a cent from Abbott. Even if we do, the council will syphine it away again and we will have to play at least one season away from brookvale, by which time the league will bring in a change forcing us away from suburban grounds.

I now live in QLD but only for the past 5 years, I regularly attended games all over Sydney and to be honest it wouldn't have phased me to go to the Moore park each week.

The world is moving on to quote the dark tower. You are going to need to eventually get used to that.

Trust me Abbott will have a hard time justifying $20m for a sports ground in Sydney when he has 9.5% unemployment and major road upgrades in towns like Hervey Bay that need doing

Your issue is that you have spoken with one faction and swallowed everything you have been told without actually asking the position of the other party. All this "they want to take us away from brookie" thing was and is a myth that was put around as a fear exercise to sure up the opinion and position of another

Everyone knows here where my allegiances lie in regards to Tony Abbott. However, I completely agree with Dan on this one. Abbott may have been able to afford it during the Howard days. However, since the GFC this country isn't making the money we were. Therefore, getting more people in employment, getting rid of the debts, bringing down cost of living prices and building more important infrastructure (like the North West Rail Link), are far more important. I'd gve it another 10 years before we get any signs of money for Brookie. At least we'll have time to put together plans for the upgrade by then.

I'll probably get bagged for this but just a reminder that the day before WCC on twitter both berks and myself ask Tony during 1 on of his q and a sessions about brookvale and his reply was the money promised in 2010 will be there if and when he is elected in 2013. I guess we will have to wait and see, I'm sure as soon as an election is called the likes or Kerry Sibra will be reminding of the promise and it is in his electorate after all and generally speaking the prime minster electorate gets looked after.

Cameron said:
Jono said:
lovefooty said:

Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

And Dan there it is.

I'll probably get bagged for this but just a reminder that the day before WCC on twitter both berks and myself ask Tony during 1 on of his q and a sessions about brookvale and his reply was the money promised in 2010 will be there if and when he is elected in 2013. I guess we will have to wait and see, I'm sure as soon as an election is called the likes or Kerry Sibra will be reminding of the promise and it is in his electorate after all and generally speaking the prime minster electorate gets looked after.

The thing you are forgetting is that it isn't his say, he doesn't just get to willy-nilly throw money about, he has to have the approved by everyone.

Also, it's not like politicians lie either is it?

The simple excuse for him is that he has to get the $50b back somehow, one easy way to do that, is not to throw $20m about for the nostalgia of about 50k of people

After the election the club should be on the phone to Gina Rhinehart, 'Twiggy' Forrest and Clive Palmer. They may have a bit of extra change to spare.

The locals should just join the Liberal party and branch stack.

No Money no pre-selection next time.

Cameron said:
Jono said:
lovefooty said:

Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

And Dan there it is.

If Abbott doesn't come up with the money we could call the HSU and tell them that we want to turn brookie into a brothel on non game days and get them to pay the $20m on their credit card.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4