Buzz Slothfield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
CHERRY’S PIE BRINGS A SIGH

MANLY’S refusal to sign club stalwart Glenn Stewart to a new contract has had a rebound effect on the popularity of half-back Daly Cherry-Evans.

A number of senior players, including Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and Brett Stewart, have all taken pay cuts over the years to keep the squad together.

Not so Cherry-Evans — he publicly threatened to leave if he didn’t secure a significant upgrade. Manly will now have to bump up Cherry-Evans’ earnings again to around $900,000 a season to keep the Test utility star at Brookvale. Meantime, there is not enough cash left over to keep Stewart.

Watmough admits it’s taking its toll on the team. “It’s like the elephant in the room,” he said.

“To see Glenn’s emotions the last couple of weeks is pretty heartbreaking for all the boys.

“Footy’s not a business at our club — we’re a family. The talk that they’re extending other people that are on contract for years to come is probably more disheartening for him.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-footage-shows-wade-graham-saving-todd-carney-from-another-offfield-drama/story-fnj45km6-1226868489553

So didn't Toovey say Glenn had been made a offer the other day?

Yeah Tooves did say that, BUT, I wonder how much of a say he actually gets in the retention side of things?
I'm sure he has his say, but perhaps at the end of the day the football club makes the call on what we can ( or CAN'T ) offer Glenn.

It's a tough one...With only so much of a pie to go round, you can't blame a guy like Cherry for getting the best slice he can for himself and his family. It would be nice if he said he'd take a cut to keep Glenn, but these guys ARE also only one injury away from looking for a new job (as we've seen recently, sadly with Alex Mac and Yow Yeh).

I just hope we get it sorted soon, as Choc seems to be saying, it's a real distraction and can't be helping the team overall.

[attachment=766]

Attachments

• Salt.jpg
    Salt.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 3
Photo on Facebook today of a whole lot of the guys at a backyard BBQ. Including DCE and others, seem to still be pretty chummy

Well whatever issues Slothfield has with credibility, it's a fact this is an issue for us.
One that is dragging on too long and needs to be resolved ASAP.

We are always believing that there are issues at Manly. The cold hard facts are that no matter who we've let go in the last 10 years the recruitment team have proved always have the next generation ready to take over.
I'd hate to see Gift play for another team but we let Bozo go. We let Fatty go. We let Des go to Wests. Michael Monaghan, Beaver, Kite and the list goes on. If we can't afford to keep Gift it will suck but look at who will be left behind.

Typical media beat up. As if Manly have a choice under this club spirit destroying salary cap system. If Manly signed up all the core players the rest of the team would have to be volunteers. But the cap doesn't allow that either.

g'day all,I'm sure that all parties would like a quick resolution and in an ideal world we could retain everyone and all be happy.Obviously its not that simple and put yourself in the club situation where they may have to chose between a club stalwart and a player on the verge of superstar status.Taking into account that we do have several backrow options but are pretty skinny on halfback alternatives,if it does come down to it, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't whichever way they go.
cheers mike

manlyfan76 said:
We are always believing that there are issues at Manly. The cold hard facts are that no matter who we've let go in the last 10 years the recruitment team have proved always have the next generation ready to take over.
I'd hate to see Gift play for another team but we let Bozo go. We let Fatty go. We let Des go to Wests. Michael Monaghan, Beaver, Kite and the list goes on. If we can't afford to keep Gift it will suck but look at who will be left behind.

Not sure if Michael Monaghan belongs in that list of champions ...

mike walker said:
cheers mike
I like the way you always sign off with cheers, so, cheers back.
nicci
Oh, I forgot, the PM Damed me, so now it's Dame niccipops.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Dan said:
Photo on Facebook today of a whole lot of the guys at a backyard BBQ. Including DCE and others, seem to still be pretty chummy

Which FB group

Many Sea Eagles News - "teammates having a bbq - horo insta"

Sorry I'm not tech savvy but its a really nice photo of the guys, with Ferris holding his baby. Dan's right - I got the impression they were having a friendly get together. Looks harmonious to me.

niccipops said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike
I like the way you always sign off with cheers, so, cheers back.
nicci
Oh, I forgot, the PM Damed me, so now it's Dame niccipops.
g'day your regalness,And it rightly should be so that one so noble be bestowed with such an entitlement.
yours humbly
cheers mike

He is a trouble making prick, the watmough quote is from earlier article in the week.
Where is the proof dce is money hungry and will not sacrifice like other boys.
Just create an article nice work quality journo work Phil.

Slothfield and Ritchie, nothing other than ****e stirring prigs fueled by " the leak".

The more successful we are the more over the top the stories are.

Believe nothing you read

Phil and Ritchie are "LAZY" so-called journalists who scour forums or rely on leaked misinformation as facts. They know nothing.

Hi Phil
images

winnyason said:
He is a trouble making prick, the watmough quote is from earlier article in the week.

Spot on. Rothfield must have thought of this angle after the original one was already published. Quality journalism...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4