Burns is our 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Despite the savaging that some gave him last week I thought he stood up and did a good job. He puts pressure on the defence, tackles well and looked to get Bell and co going out wide.

Defensively he did a mountain of work and showed a lot of ticker. He must be allowed to develop a partnership with Orford.

I have always said that Monas is not a five-eighth and stand by that. Monty is the man!

you guys change after every week.

I thought he was average.. didnt help Orford take control fo the game. Infact i thought all 3 (Orford Burns and Monas) were very poor today.

It doesnt help though Fluffy with the continious change of partner in the halves for Orford. I wont be suprised if you see Witt or Willow at 5/8 next week.

I reckon they should drop Dunley and let Monaghan play the whole game. If that doesnt work bring Ballin up to start on the bench

That is why this is a top manly site!

Burns ads nothing in attack. His kamikaze attempt in the first half was ordinary, he got smashed. At least he can defend.

[quote author=KaZa]

That is why this is a top manly site!

Burns ads nothing in attack. His kamikaze attempt in the first half was ordinary, he got smashed. At least he can defend.

[/quote]What game were you watching Byso. I actually saw the ball get to the centres and fullback a few times on Saturday night, there was linking between the half and five-eighth and the defensive work on his edge was pretty good. Not a 100% game but he looks a lot better than Monaghan at five-eighth and seems to complement Orford and doesn't run around in circles.

Gordon Tallis made a good point when he said that the when in trouble you don't see the manly forwards lineing up to bustle us out of trouble. It makes the little men think they have to do something special to get down the field.

Perhaps our halves just arn't getting the support they need to create the space.

A problem we had last year, perhaps its still the same.

Burns is playing his 3rd game of first grade and his FIRST full game.for goodness sake.Jamie Soward looked average in his first half dozen first grade games last year and he was previously being sold as the next wonderboy.he now has got used to the pace of the game and has a little confidence and is guiding the roosters well (and displaced finch).bagging a 19 year old kid after an incredibly physical intro to a full game of first grade against the premiership favourites away is absolutely ludicrous.and a lot of the blokes doing it were the same blokes who were making excuses for king last year after 3 years of first grade.

very few players in the history of the game start like fittler did.let's have a bit of continuity and give the kid a go.we know what we have tried in the last couple of years in the halves doesnt wash so what have we to lose.

Released! Noone seemed to want him - though there are rumours he is playing A grade in the Sharks comp.

To think the 'True Supporters' heckled many on this site because we were the first to call him 'pretty average'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4