Burgess the Best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Keep hearing the names of Hayne, Smith, Thurston when talking who is the games best player.
For the past couple of seasons I think its been Sam Burgess ...clearly.
Regardless of the result, he has dominated in every game he played & his skill levels rival his toughness making him close to the perfect foward.
Manly nearly snared him when Beaver played in England & if he had become a Seaeagle, I dont think its a stretch to say we would have won 2 more GF's in that time, such is his impact, ability & contagous attitude that lifts his team.
When you get a tough pom like old Kevin Ward, Gareth Ellis, Graham, the Burgess tribe....thats exactly the foward required at Manly.
The GF win was really well deserved for big Sam & it showed on the big stage what a champion he is, hope we can sign George Burgess & if Sam comes back to the NRL, would be pumped for it to be in a Manly jersey!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Correct

All the garbage about what an amazing player SBW is, he is a mile behind Burgess imo

He will probably be better at rugby too

Tell me I'm wrong but I dont believe he deserved the clive churchill medal. Yes he played with a fractured cheek bone and yes he is as tough as they come but I reckon adam reynolds played the game of his career last night. His kicking game was perfect. But big sam did deserve something for what he's done at the bunnies.

take the games burgess has played and he's been pretty good.

Take out the Manly games where Matai has put him in his place...then he's been brilliant.

globaleagle said:
take the games burgess has played and he's been pretty good.

Take out the Manly games where Matai has put him in his place...then he's been brilliant.

Lol, nice one GE

Stand out forward this year, Gave the vermin so much go forward and intimidation factor, they are going to struggle without him next season.

Reynolds kicking game in the first 15 minutes was awful; he got it sorted to his credit, but it was wobbly there for a time, and he took some ordinary options in attack with the ball in hand. It was Keary who set up the first try, and big George who swung the momentum when it really mattered with the all important try. Reynolds played his role, but I thought he was more destructive against us in the first week of the finals.

As for Big Sam, well he is a fine footballer, but i've seen better players come and go from the game most years for the last decade. It's the "pommy import" "Channel 9 darling" "Russell Crowe's son" bull****, more than his footballing prowess that has captured the imagination of the game. He runs and tackles hard, has a good offload, and that's great; so do lots of players in the game. Of course he was going to stay on after the head clash, what else was he going to do? Most players in the game would have stayed out there; it's a GF.

maxta said:
Keep hearing the names of Hayne, Smith, Thurston when talking who is the games best player.
For the past couple of seasons I think its been Sam Burgess ...clearly.
Regardless of the result, he has dominated in every game he played & his skill levels rival his toughness making him close to the perfect foward.
Manly nearly snared him when Beaver played in England & if he had become a Seaeagle, I dont think its a stretch to say we would have won 2 more GF's in that time, such is his impact, ability & contagous attitude that lifts his team.
When you get a tough pom like old Kevin Ward, Gareth Ellis, Graham, the Burgess tribe....thats exactly the foward required at Manly.
The GF win was really well deserved for big Sam & it showed on the big stage what a champion he is, hope we can sign George Burgess & if Sam comes back to the NRL, would be pumped for it to be in a Manly jersey!!

Thurston is a better player, but you'd have Burgess at Manly before Thurston.

Read from the Tele as mentioned by someone earlier:

Beaver said:

“I tried to get Sam to Manly,” said Menzies, speaking for the first time about his plan to steer Burgess to Brookvale.

“I was close to Manly, so I rang them and I said, ‘You should check this guy out, he’s keen to come over, he can play, he will be a star in the NRL’.

“It was in 2009, my first year at Bradford, and Sam said he wanted to test himself in the NRL.

“I said, ‘Des, I know Sam wants to come (to the NRL), I don’t know how many other people know it yet, all I know is the kid can play, so do what you have to do’.

“Des said, ‘Yeah thanks, we’ll check it out’ and that was all I heard.

“You have to fit people in the budget, so I didn’t press much further than that. The next thing I heard the Bunnies got him, so full credit to Russell Crowe and Souths for taking a chance with him.”

--- There's the genius who obviously didn't rate Beaver's opinion. We could have had the whole clan. Maybe.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2