Burgess' squirrel tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex said:
Agree with Cambo - how is this alleged sexual assault one sixth as bad as Hoppa's?

Especially when it is six times more painful.

And you know what Hoppas fingers are like how? :p

Clint said:
Stevo said:
Players usually go into bat for other players when it relates to high shots or spear tackles. Not dirty play.

If I was Will, I wouldn't be going into bat for Burgo.
Burgo's done enough of that already.
I heard today that after the game Will packed his bat and balls (with ice) and went home

They would have to have better camera angles than the one posted here to charge him, otherwise he will easily get off.

What was most disturbing was when he licked his fingers afterwards.

Agree with Cambo - how is this alleged sexual assault one sixth as bad as Hoppa's, especially when it's six times more painful?

Wasn't last weekend something to do with prostate awareness? God knows Hadlee went on about it for long enough. Maybe Sam was just trying to raise awareness a few octaves?

I still can't believe he wasn't put on report for his shoulder to Slater's head in the first half ( just after he fielded a grubber kick and got out of his in-goal). Even Rabs and co thought it was a given that once he stayed down the video ref would call it for a high shot.
As much as he's "the" media darling I can't see him getting off this one, there was absolutely no need to put his hand anywhere near he did, the tackle was complete so he can't claim it was an accident.

He claims he was driving Chambers into the ground. What for? The guy was already down. What an absolute arsehole. Hope he gets fingered for this low act.

DSM5 said:
He claims he was driving Chambers into the ground. What for? The guy was already down. What an absolute arsehole. Hope he gets fingered for this low act.

You want Hoppa involved in the punishment ?

Apparently new camera angles showed it was a pinch rather than a grab so he got the lowest grading, weird

so if samantha gets off the charge do they then charge chambers for impersonating an italian soccer player

There's no video that shows what if anything he did. I'm not saying he didn't do what he has been charged with but it is all circumstantial evidence. But maybe for the NRL system that is enough but I would appeal it. Low act if he did go the squirrel grip though.

I actually thought when I saw it on TV last night that it may have just been a wedgie. He may get off but doesn't stop me considering him a filthy pommy dog.

mickqld said:
I actually thought when I saw it on TV last night that it may have just been a wedgie. He may get off but doesn't stop me considering him a filthy pommy dog.

Haha! If that sort of act gets him off, I'd say you are exactly right in your consideration Mick! :p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4