Burgess & Mateo GONE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mateo ends another contract at another club with an underwhelming inconsistent performance. It's probably too late now but if ever a coach managed to find his trigger and got him to play to his potential they'd have a superstar on their hands.

Anyway there is no doubt he will rip it up in the ESL, the slower more gentle pace of the game suits his style. He'll probably be Man of Steel.

I see Mateo's departure as very disappointing and I give Trent Barrett a massive F. For Fail but he can F off as well.

Mateo wasnt consistently amazing last year under Toovs, but seriously, his bad days he is an average first grader when he is on we win. He was arguably our best player last year. Certainly the most influential in games we won.

Sure some games he didn't ignite. But one man shouldnt have to win us the match off his own back, each and every week. We have 16 other players as well. Those other 16 can't all win a game on their own like Mateo could. He stars and we bag the crap out of him, when he doesn't do it time and time again.

Coach Barrett said during pre-season how important Feleti was to our team. I'm pretty sure Barrett even described him as an Enigma which I wasnt expecting him to say, but then Baz proclaimed that his job was to find what motivated him and get the best out of him as his coach.

So Baz. You FAILed FAILed FAILed.

As we know Mateo was doing extra fitness over Xmas when others weren't even back, he looked fitter at the start of the season.

To motivate him some more Baz leaves him out of A's as a reward.

He played what once off the bench this year? Even then he played for about 10 mins at the end. gifted Jake T a try, to win the match.

Never to be seen again!

No wonder we are coming 12. Baz plays Leary and Brown FFS instead.

Toovs Achieved more in getting the best out of Feleti. Let's not forget that.
Yep, agreed to a certain extent. He really didn't play as badly as many on here made out. Trouble is, you can't have a whole team making their performance goals at training, and one player who consistently doesn't... Then play that player over the ones who are really trying. He's tried to survive on natural talent for too long without putting in the hard yards.

I'm pretty sure KeiranForan, Greg bird and Farah aren't contracted beyond this season. Correct me if I'm wrong
Foran and Farah still have a yr to run on their contracts,don't know about Bird.Foran will be free if Eels agree to release him after he said he was quitting,which they will.Tigers are doing their best to offload Farah from his last yr because it's allegedly worth $9000000

Mateo ends another contract at another club with an underwhelming inconsistent performance. It's probably too late now but if ever a coach managed to find his trigger and got him to play to his potential they'd have a superstar on their hands.

Anyway there is no doubt he will rip it up in the ESL, the slower more gentle pace of the game suits his style. He'll probably be Man of Steel.

it could be Mateo's star sign ! some people are born like that despite having all the talent in the world ! Top English premier league coaches choose players for different positions and matching their start sign as a prerequisite

And people thought Manly giving DCE $10mil for 10 years was too much. $9mil for one year is ridiculous.
The grog consumed last night have left my hands a little unsteady.Obviously one too many 0,although Farah would think he's worth the extra 0

I highly doubt all of that. Played a few brilliant games at parramatta, rubbish ever since.

Goodbye potato butt and Luke "non event" Burgess.
I wish you both well at Salford. I think both with thrive there.
NYEagle

I see Mateo's departure as very disappointing and I give Trent Barrett a massive F. For Fail but he can F off as well.

Mateo wasnt consistently amazing last year under Toovs, but seriously, his bad days he is an average first grader when he is on we win. He was arguably our best player last year. Certainly the most influential in games we won.

Sure some games he didn't ignite. But one man shouldnt have to win us the match off his own back, each and every week. We have 16 other players as well. Those other 16 can't all win a game on their own like Mateo could. He stars and we bag the crap out of him, when he doesn't do it time and time again.

Coach Barrett said during pre-season how important Feleti was to our team. I'm pretty sure Barrett even described him as an Enigma which I wasnt expecting him to say, but then Baz proclaimed that his job was to find what motivated him and get the best out of him as his coach.

As we know Mateo was doing extra fitness over Xmas when others weren't even back, he looked fitter at the start of the season.

He played what once off the bench this year? Even then he played for about 10 mins at the end. gifted Jake T a try, to win the match.

Never to be seen again!

Sometimes it's also up to the player, Mateo did himself no justice the way he played in reggies whereas Lawrence and Starlo stood up and proved their worth. By your logic Tooves failed in getting Vave up to first grade standard, I don't see it that way though.

Sometimes it's also up to the player, Mateo did himself no justice the way he played in reggies whereas Lawrence and Starlo stood up and proved their worth. By your logic Tooves failed in getting Vave up to first grade standard, I don't see it that way though.

Yes right you are. Tooves failed with Vave. He also failed with Roses as well.

Never to be seen again!

Agree that last year Feleti was one of our strongest in doing the hard yards - bringing the ball out of our 25. This year, apart from that very short matching winning stint, he hasn't been sighted in the NRL - and clearly is not in Barrett's plans. So best he moves on.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6