Burgess & Mateo GONE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Super League side Salford Red Devils have signed Manly Sea Eagles pair Luke Burgess and Feleti Mateo on deals until the end of the season.

Burgess, 29, is the brother of cross-code England international Sam and started his career at Leeds Rhinos.

Tonga international Mateo, 32, has also played for New Zealand Warriors, Parramatta Eels and London Broncos.

"We are bringing in a couple of great players as insurance," said director of rugby Tim Sheens.

"You can't risk going into the Super 8s and picking up a couple of injuries and finding yourself relegated."

That's at least $7-800K gone. Maybe we will bring in Hayne for the rest of the season ;) the final lol Parra nail in the coffin. Actually lets get that rumour started so those losers crap their dacks haha

Unless I'm misguided , all these departures , and no announcements as yet mean only one thing, some contracts are going to broken on a few big name, game changing players.

The alternative view is the Fulti ( plural for Bob & sons ) have completely lost their marbles.

Unless I'm misguided , all these departures , and no announcements as yet mean only one thing, some contracts are going to broken on a few big name, game changing players.

The alternative view is the Fulti ( plural for Bob & sons ) have completely lost their marbles.
These are the most likely players to have contracts broken

Greg Bird
Kieran Foran
Dean Whare
Tui Lolohea
R Farah

They are the ones I know

Nah, all part of the Bozo plan to sign Gutherson at 3 times the salary we were paying him at the beginning of the year.:eek:

Related article:

Luke Burgess and Feleti Mateo join Salford
July 23 2016 - 9:03AM
Ian McCullough

Manly duo Luke Burgess and Feleti Mateo have signed for Super League club Salford and will link up with their new teammates early next week.

Burgess, who started his career with Leeds, returns home from Sydney having spent six years in the NRL with South Sydney and the Sea Eagles.

Maybe the driver was to create top 25 spaces for this year allowing the likes of Jamil and Willis to play NRL.

These are the most likely players to have contracts broken

Greg Bird
Kieran Foran
Dean Whare
Tui Lolohea
R Farah

They are the ones I know
I'm pretty sure KeiranForan, Greg bird and Farah aren't contracted beyond this season. Correct me if I'm wrong

I see Mateo's departure as very disappointing and I give Trent Barrett a massive F. For Fail but he can F off as well.

Mateo wasnt consistently amazing last year under Toovs, but seriously, his bad days he is an average first grader when he is on we win. He was arguably our best player last year. Certainly the most influential in games we won.

Sure some games he didn't ignite. But one man shouldnt have to win us the match off his own back, each and every week. We have 16 other players as well. Those other 16 can't all win a game on their own like Mateo could. He stars and we bag the crap out of him, when he doesn't do it time and time again.

Coach Barrett said during pre-season how important Feleti was to our team. I'm pretty sure Barrett even described him as an Enigma which I wasnt expecting him to say, but then Baz proclaimed that his job was to find what motivated him and get the best out of him as his coach.

So Baz. You FAILed FAILed FAILed.

As we know Mateo was doing extra fitness over Xmas when others weren't even back, he looked fitter at the start of the season.

To motivate him some more Baz leaves him out of A's as a reward.

He played what once off the bench this year? Even then he played for about 10 mins at the end. gifted Jake T a try, to win the match.

Never to be seen again!

No wonder we are coming 12. Baz plays Leary and Brown FFS instead.

Toovs Achieved more in getting the best out of Feleti. Let's not forget that.

Last edited:
I see Mateo's departure as very disappointing and I give Trent Barrett a massive F. For Fail but he can F off as well.

Mateo wasnt consistently amazing last year under Toovs, but seriously, his bad days he is an average first grader when he is on we win. He was arguably our best player last year. Certainly the most influential in games we won.

Sure some games he didn't ignite. But one man shouldnt have to win us the match off his own back, each and every week. We have 16 other players as well. He stars and we bag the crap out of him, when he doesn't do it time and time again.

Coach Barrett said during pre-season how important Feleti was to our team. I'm pretty sure Barrett even described him as an Enigma which I wasnt expecting him to say, but then Baz proclaimed that his job was to find what motivated him and get the best out of him as his coach.

So Baz. You FAILed FAILed FAILed.

As we know Mateo was doing extra fitness over Xmas when others weren't even back, he looked fitter at the start of the season.

To motivate him some more Baz leaves him out of A's as a reward.

He played what once off the bench this year? Even then he played for about 10 mins at the end. gifted Jake T a try, to win the match.

Never to be seen again!

No wonder we are coming 12. Baz plays Leary and Brown FFS instead.

Toovs Achieved more in getting the best out of Feleti. Let's not forget that.
Mateo is an lazy underperforming wanker that was over paid and wasn't even good enough for reggies. We are not 12th because he's not in the side. All he will bring is error after error. Glad he is gone.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6