Bureaucracy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Because I love having a whinge I thought I would put another one down here.

So obviously most people here know I moved from NSW to QLD in May last year, well I got the keys to the house and then went on holiday for a week, and ended up in the house in June 7th.

On the day I settled back on May 19th I sent in my change of enrollment information and forms to the AEC, exactly as I should have. An election came around late last year up this way and I voted without drama.

Soooo all good. Until I got back from Sydney on Friday last week to see a fine from the State Debt Recovery office, stating that I owed a $50 fine for not voting and a $55 fee for SDRO.

I obviously was shocked, because the fine was for not voting in the willoughby election in September last year, well obviously I couldn't vote in it, I was enrolled up here, or so I thought. Plus I lived up here, so how was I to know there was an election in my former council area?

After much running around and about 1 - 2 hours of having to do crap and ring various people I have now found that my forms were not processed by the AEC until October 2008......1 day over 5 months after the house settlement and the day I posted in the forms.

So after all this time running around, I now have to go get copies of the settlement letter and whatever other information I have to Prove that I live here and have the fine wiped!

Because they took 5 hours of stuffing around I have had to spend what will amount to nearly 3 hours total of time (including queuing at the post office, and getting a stat dec signed), which amounts to more than the original fine and fees based on my salary. They seemed shocked when I told them to expect an itemized invoice with the information I am sending with a 7 day period for payment. I may have to send this to debt recovery myself.

All because they cant process things properly I have to waste my precious time and albeit small amount of money on sending S**t it.

Useless pricks........my war with SDRO and AEC may begin soon

so they had your postal adress correct, to be able to send you the fine. But didnt have your electoral adress in any sort of timely fashion??

thats funny :)

keep fighting the good fight comrade..

And nice move slippnig your salary in there, i'm sure some people will be impressed :)

That wasn't my intention with slipping my salary, it was more to say that it really isn't a petty tiny amount. I will edit that out :)

But yeah they had my postal address and I voted between the time I sent it in and the election I "missed" in September, that is what is even more perplexing

From my knowledge of the electoral roll they are processed by local offices,  in your case Dan there would have been two offices involved.

Therefore the local Electoral office up at Hervey Bay would have enrolled you but the notice must have sat i their 'out tray' or in the 'in tray' of the Sydney office for a couple of months.  Hence the apparent overlap.  For council elections you just have to do a stat dec to say you were out of the council district on the day of voting and they will revoke the fine - would have easier to do that by the sound of things.

I'll keep it in mind for when I move, particularly as the local member for Dubbo is an old crone who should be shot.

Easier maybe but why should it take any of my time because they are so useless. I need to make my point to them clear!

Because even the collective iq of all natural born queenslanders is still in the retard range

Dan link said:
Because even the collective iq of all natural born queenslanders is still in the retard range
  It's funny when you're up there.  All the clunky, brash brands come out of Queensland - WOW, The Coffee Club (der!), The Good Guys etc.

Plus some of the local adverts are howlers.  There's this NRMA one with a redneck dancing at a Broncos game, sums up the psyche completely.

Spot on matas. Everytime the tv is on I feel like i have just stepped out of a delorian sometime back in the 90's

Too generous with the 1990s comparison I reckon, there were vague hints of sophistication about back then.  I reckon observing Queensland society in action is a bit like watching some of the classic BBC comedy troops in action, except it's not meant to be comedy.  Mighty Boosh anyone?

It's definitely a place where everyone still believes women belong in the kitchen and the men with a beer in hand doing nothing.

I like my women with a bit more fight and independence

I should have ended that last paragraph with "but I do enjoy Leanne's cooking" hahahahaha

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6