• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Well boys, that's what you get when you fly halfway across the globe and get on the sauce for several days.  Instead of concentrating on recovering and preparing for a season opener the lads were too busy slurping up the largesse off Max Delmege's black Amex credit card.  Stand by for shock announcements on Amex' exposure to bad debt.

Anyways, what a diabolical load of tripe from Watmough and company.  LEt's hope it's all the wake up call they need because it ain't gong to get any easier this week against the Maoris. 

Come on Mata,

I am one of the most psycho manly supporters around. So much that my family has left the room cause I was going mental during that match. Honestly you can blame all the players for the past week as your post suggests with, "Watmough and company".

The build up to this week has been a media workup. I mean you couldnt even look at a paper without either seeing the face of Stewart or Watmough. I have also read that the witnesses stated that Watmough only defended himself when, slapping or punching the sponser and Brett well who the hell even knows what happened but he has been hung out to dry thanks to the media.

Lets just wait and see or reaction during the Warriors game because in all honesty they were not all that good themselves (parra were pretty bad).

Agreed Juz, relax Mata.  We played poorly and it wasn't the fault of anyone but those on the field.  Max didn't kick away our advantage in the first ten minutes, Ox did.  Max didn't select a winger who wasn't up to it, Des did.  Max didn't use his knee, Ballin did.  Max didn't tell Kitey to go for around the neck holds, Brett did that himself.  Dessie will give the boys hell during the week, select players in positions that they know, not weaken a position to strengthen another, and we'll beat the Warriors next Sunday. 

and as Chairman of the Board Penn could not have said at 3:00pm when the function was to officially finish "thats it boys, your committments here are finished and get back on the bus to Narrabeen"

To simplisticly lay the blame at the feet of Delmege does not show any objectivity.

Corso_Pete link said:
and as Chairman of the Board Penn could not have said at 3:00pm when the function was to officially finish \"thats it boys, your committments here are finished and get back on the bus to Narrabeen\"

To simplisticly lay the blame at the feet of Delmege does not show any objectivity.

Totally agree.

I'm not blaming Delmege.  I'm blaming the clowns that drank until close with him and then accepted his last shout. 

I am.  To quote Pepsi:

Preparation is everything and the boys seem to spend more time on the piss than on the training paddock ...

While i was really pissed off badly with that loss to the mutts we can and will bounce back.

After all we didn't win the GF 40 -nil and march on to take the World Cup of the Rhinos they were and we are the World Champions.

Only possitive, Dessie has plenty to work with to improve.

Bassically this game seemed like a trial.

It is the first game against another NRL club since last year.

Also Watmough, Ballin and Bailey where shocking.

Agreed EP but the game was there to be won in the first ten minutes and this is a new season.  It was one of the poorest performances from the Ox that I've seen.  Did he really think that Idris wouldn't catch his kicks?  Any school boy player knows that in conditions that are poor you need to get the big man to bend to catch.  We had them on the rack in the first ten minutes, and came up empty.  Poor play from Orford.  And Ballin.  Just what was he thinking?  Has someone told him about the two umpires?  You can't get away with any indiscretion.  The NRL will want to punish us every match, so we have to be aware of that and play accordingly.

byso link said:
Only possitive, Dessie has plenty to work with to improve.

Bassically this game seemed like a trial.

It is the first game against another NRL club since last year.

Also Watmough, Ballin and Bailey where shocking.
Apart from being binned I thought Ballin was our best. (?)
... although after a while I couldn't bring myself to watch very closely.
Maybe someone goaded Ballin.
Promising start but 6 penalties straight is too much to overcome in the modern game. A timely reality check.

DSM5 link said:
Agreed EP but the game was there to be won in the first ten minutes and this is a new season.  It was one of the poorest performances from the Ox that I've seen.  Did he really think that Idris wouldn't catch his kicks?  Any school boy player knows that in conditions that are poor you need to get the big man to bend to catch.  We had them on the rack in the first ten minutes, and came up empty.  Poor play from Orford.  And Ballin.  Just what was he thinking?  Has someone told him about the two umpires?  You can't get away with any indiscretion.  The NRL will want to punish us every match, so we have to be aware of that and play accordingly.

Blaming Orford?? Lay off the juice. We were dominated all over the park. Stop talking smack.

hopefully the reality check has been 'paid', the self-congratulations about the wcc game (against an understrength superleague team) are over, along with most of the ugly media autopsy of the sorry tales that ensued from them. the media will bore of it with nothing new happening...(crossing fingers)

the back 3; out of position, underdone and inexperienced, yes. but the 'trial game' observation is right and across the park people weren't up to the bulldogs commitment or execution. picking off the edges was fairly easy from there.

agree I'd also put lyon to 5/8 for now and resume the bailey experiment when (if) b. stewart comes back in. I think we need a proactive response to stewart's absence to try to increase attacking fluency. Lyon is underutilised in the centres, esp. now. b. stewart's contributions in attack are many and varied. robbo is a competent replacement but we're losing significant attacking potential and not compensating enough. without stewart's involvement in left side attack esp. something needs to be done there. lyon on the right side, ox on the left, with cuthbo trying to link with matai/watmough?

Well Orford played rubbish, but so did 16 other Manly players - I don't think we can blame anyone particulary. We did get hammered in the penalities in teh first half - but the ref pings us for pushing our knees into the ruck - so we preceed to do it twice more - serves us right. I thought we deserved the penalities we got in teh first half, but thought we should have gotten 1 or 2 from the Bulldogs.

How far away is Tony Williams?  I agree with Ian Martin's sentiment that we should assume the 2008 halves pairing until Bullet returns.  Bailey could starch up the 2nd row and Hall play as a prop again.

Also, what's Perry's story?

I am with IMT. Early days yet and despite best efforts the fiasco of the last week certainly did not help in the focus of the players.

It is a lot harder to defend a premiership than it is to win one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4