Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Really ppl are saying they can win it with Des - what a joke.

I cant see it happening with that squad and i think Des will rip the players apart and get rid of the deadwood before he has a chance of winning the comp.

The club has just bought players who ever come on the market and not for postional reasons.

They have a car salesman as a CEO who is good but really thinks about the club as a business and not what made it special (The Family Club). Unfortunately the loss of Bullfrog in 2000 saw the club go backwards and the only reason the club won the premeirship in 2004 was on the back of salary cap saga which saw them shred only fringe players.

Luck to finish next year in 6th.

Can't wait for us to smash the Dogs next year and wipe that silly smirk off Greenturds face. Everytime I see him on tv he makes my blood boil with his condescending dribble.

I would suggest if we had a leader like him we would not be in this position

lsz said:

How about the millions of $$$ behind the Canterbury club that the Sea Eagles just don't have?
Dead set, I could have got the deal over the line with an open cheque book.
Yes, Greenberg is a very good operator but he would be under all sorts of financial constraints if he were in charge of Manly.

Anyway, as soon as the Cricket NSW CEO position comes up, Greenberg will escape from Belmore faster than the road runner. In the meanwhile, he's just buying time.

lsz said:

He's not GOD, just a naughty boy.
He has presided over a string of controversy at The Dogs, had problems with players including SBW, Mason, Matua, Tandy, and coach Moore; and has alienated loyal Canterbury families such as the Hughes' and Mortimers.

Most clubs have drama. Wait till Parra implodes over this coming week.

lsz said:

Its easy to be a good administrator when you're cashed up and have money to spend. Woohoo, my first post!

lsz said:

A leader with an open chequebook? I'd love that as well. In the end money talks and that's why Des has left, plain and simple.

the mauler said:
In the end money talks and that's why Des has left, plain and simple.

If it was just about money Brisbane would win the comp every year. And with Tinkler in charge, Newcastle would finish second.

If only this was simply down to money

Sorry not willing to buy it was only $. Sure it plays a part but it is not the sole motivator

The Who said:
the mauler said:
In the end money talks and that's why Des has left, plain and simple.

If it was just about money Brisbane would win the comp every year. And with Tinkler in charge, Newcastle would finish second.
In the end money talks, but talk is cheap.All that's been coming out of Belmore is talk. Unless they make the finals next year they've achieved is zip.

The Who said:
lsz said:

He's not GOD, just a naughty boy.
He has presided over a string of controversy at The Dogs, had problems with players including SBW, Mason, Matua, Tandy, and coach Moore; and has alienated loyal Canterbury families such as the Hughes' and Mortimers.

Most clubs have drama. Wait till Parra implodes over this coming week.

Greenburg wasn't even there for half of those drama's.

Just seen the press conference.

Jim Dymock had a soft side as a player and it showed through again today, he said he looked forward to being the number one (dogs coach) in the future.

Memo to Jim, they keep walking over you and showing no faith in you, you will never be the Top Dog because they know you cant cut it. Be a man and stand up for yourself.

If you get players going to a particular team for exorbitant amounts of money, then in my opininion they are going for the wrong reason and will only think about themselves, not the team. You only have to look at Souths.

lsz said:
If only this was simply down to money

Sorry not willing to buy it was only $. Sure it plays a part but it is not the sole motivator

In this particular case $$$$ was 99% of it. When the deal was done months ago Des was apparently on 450k and the Dogs come to the party with 750k. Game set match right there. It wasnt til later that Manly upped the ante, but Des had already signed.

Do you honestly think if Manly matched the Dogs offer or atleast came close Des wouldn't still be at Manly? Please.

bob dylan said:
Just seen the press conference.

Jim Dymock had a soft side as a player and it showed through again today, he said he looked forward to being the number one (dogs coach) in the future.

Memo to Jim, they keep walking over you and showing no faith in you, you will never be the Top Dog because they know you cant cut it. Be a man and stand up for yourself.

I just watched the press confernece, must admit to being surprised by how inarticulate Hasler has become since joining the new filth

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4