Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
TBH about the Dogs are a club in crisis. Look at who they have bought over the last 4 years and all they have to show is a couple of reserve grade titles. The Club has step away from their family club roots and since Greenebrg has been their they are running it as a business which normally doesnt work and hasnt.

The list so far - EASTWOOD, Greg (Brisbane), ENNIS, Michael (Brisbane), GOODWIN, Bryson (Cronulla), GORDON, Yileen (South Sydney), HANNANT, Ben (Brisbane), HODGSON, Michael (Gold Coast Titans), KIMMORLEY, Brett (Cronulla), MORRIS, Josh (St George Illawarra), STAGG, David (Brisbane), GREEN, Blake (Cronulla), HALATAU, Dene (Wests Tigers), NEUMANN, Shane (Manly Warringah), PAEA, Mickey (St George Illawarra), PAYNE, Corey (Wests Tigers), ROMELO, Joel (Penrith), TANDY, Ryan (Melbourne), TIA KILIFI, Junior (Penrith)
TURNER, Steve (Melbourne), HODKINSON, Trent (Manly Warringah), KEATING, Kris (Parramatta), LETT, Michael (St George Illawarra), MILLINGTON, Grant (Cronulla), PRITCHARD, Frank (Penrith), TOLMAN, Aiden (Melbourne), WRIGHT, Jonathan (Parramatta) - (wonder how they are under the Cap)

Des will have his work cut out for him to win a premiership and no doubt he will need to take a few players to them but tba he will not win a comp their because they are crap....

Rambo1987 said:
TBH about the Dogs are a club in crisis. Look at who they have bought over the last 4 years and all they have to show is a couple of reserve grade titles. The Club has step away from their family club roots and since Greenebrg has been their they are running it as a business which normally doesnt work and hasnt.

The list so far - EASTWOOD, Greg (Brisbane), ENNIS, Michael (Brisbane), GOODWIN, Bryson (Cronulla), GORDON, Yileen (South Sydney), HANNANT, Ben (Brisbane), HODGSON, Michael (Gold Coast Titans), KIMMORLEY, Brett (Cronulla), MORRIS, Josh (St George Illawarra), STAGG, David (Brisbane), GREEN, Blake (Cronulla), HALATAU, Dene (Wests Tigers), NEUMANN, Shane (Manly Warringah), PAEA, Mickey (St George Illawarra), PAYNE, Corey (Wests Tigers), ROMELO, Joel (Penrith), TANDY, Ryan (Melbourne), TIA KILIFI, Junior (Penrith)
TURNER, Steve (Melbourne), HODKINSON, Trent (Manly Warringah), KEATING, Kris (Parramatta), LETT, Michael (St George Illawarra), MILLINGTON, Grant (Cronulla), PRITCHARD, Frank (Penrith), TOLMAN, Aiden (Melbourne), WRIGHT, Jonathan (Parramatta) - (wonder how they are under the Cap)

Des will have his work cut out for him to win a premiership and no doubt he will need to take a few players to them but tba he will not win a comp their because they are crap....
They seem to have a knack of turning diamonds into coal. Not that I consider all those players to be diamonds, of course.

I just hope that in a few years Des doesn't look back and think he's made a poor decision going there.

Other people have left the club and became nobodies. I hope that Des is a success over there as long as its never against Manly.

eagle-rock08 said:
I just hope that in a few years Des doesn't look back and think he's made a poor decision going there.

Other people have left the club and became nobodies. I hope that Des is a success over there as long as its never against Manly.

nope I want it to fail massively

Berkeley_Eagle said:
eagle-rock08 said:

nope I want it to fail massively
Absolutely agree! I want him to have an epiphany and come to a realisation of what he's lost.

eagle-rock08 said:

I hope he does. I hope it fails and it eats at him for the rest of his life wondering how many premierships he would have won if he stayed.
I don't know what epiphany means but it sounds good so I want him to have one of them too.

why ? he said that he climbed all the mountains at Manly

so he solves that by accepting less money be going to a scummy culture of a club that has the most feral fans that will stab him in the back as quick as looking at him

he couldve stayed and this board bull**** wouldve got sorted if it was brought out

if he really wanted more there was NSW and Australian jobs there as well if he wanted a break from club football

eagle-rock08 said:
Geez you folks are hard. He made a decision let it go. Shhees!

I agree that people are going a bit overboard in their rantings against Des. But I'd rather that than see people wishing him success. He's the opposition from 2013 onwards (some will say he's the opposition now). Hoping he succeeds is detrimental to Manly.

I hate the Dogs, I hope they miss the finals every season. They won't, because Des is a top coach. But I'd love nothing more than seeing the Dogs under Des get the spoon every year.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
why ? he said that he climbed all the mountains at Manly

so he solves that by accepting less money be going to a scummy culture of a club that has the most feral fans that will stab him in the back as quick as looking at him

he couldve stayed and this board bull**** wouldve got sorted if it was brought out

if he really wanted more there was NSW and Australian jobs there as well if he wanted a break from club football

Undoubtedly there was a lot of heated emotion anger and disappointment surrounding the weeks of Des' decision. Often we make bad decisions in a pressure cooker time of high emotion and later live to regret that.

One thing that I don't think Des has fully appreciated is what a wrecker he will become for the Manly club and all of the supporters. Instead of trying to hold it together gather support and heal the situation he has decided to become the wrecker and (according to reports from susan etc) holus bolus take Crusher and all support staff with him - if that happens (and lets hope it does not) then it is breathtaking in its wrecking scope!

Sadly that is possibly what future years might remember Des most for - not his coaching genius and accomplishments but the final wrecking act

LOL so many sour grapes in this thread.

You are lucky that family kept Hasler at Manly through 2011, because he was going to walk out and leave the club half way through this season gone. Why won't he walk now? Because he holds a proverbial knife at the throat of the Manly club. If he walks midway in 2012 Manly's season is in trouble.

Just accept that fact that Hasler, Cleal, and his support staff are leaving. Your club pushed him away, nobody else. If anyone wants to cast blame, blame your board for the sacking of Peters, squandering/wasting money that could have been put to better use inside the club, and underpaying a multiple premiership winning coach to line their own pockets.

Things will get worse for Manly before they get better. This is EXACTLY the situation Bulldogs were in around the end of Noad's era. Manly need a cleanout starting at the top, and to start afresh. All the while snakes are in the grass someone will get bitten.

If you want to cast anger, don't cast it at our club, because if it wasn't the Bulldogs, it'd be another club Des went to. If you really want to make a point petition the club to overthrow the board, and in Feb at Manly's AGM toss the lot of them out on their arses.

As for the Bulldogs. We do have the players (well except for a quality #6 and #5), but a capable coach and Cleal should be able to build up a reliable replacement for those 2 positions.

If Dymock in less than half a season can get our current squad to a point outside the 8, the Hasler will surely get us in the 8.

MrInvisible said:
LOL so many sour grapes in this thread.

You are lucky that family kept Hasler at Manly through 2011, because he was going to walk out and leave the club half way through this season gone. Why won't he walk now? Because he holds a proverbial knife at the throat of the Manly club. If he walks midway in 2012 Manly's season is in trouble.

Just accept that fact that Hasler, Cleal, and his support staff are leaving. Your club pushed him away, nobody else. If anyone wants to cast blame, blame your board for the sacking of Peters, squandering/wasting money that could have been put to better use inside the club, and underpaying a multiple premiership winning coach to line their own pockets.

Things will get worse for Manly before they get better. This is EXACTLY the situation Bulldogs were in around the end of Noad's era. Manly need a cleanout starting at the top, and to start afresh. All the while snakes are in the grass someone will get bitten.

If you want to cast anger, don't cast it at our club, because if it wasn't the Bulldogs, it'd be another club Des went to. If you really want to make a point petition the club to overthrow the board, and in Feb at Manly's AGM toss the lot of them out on their arses.

As for the Bulldogs. We do have the players (well except for a quality #6 and #5), but a capable coach and Cleal should be able to build up a reliable replacement for those 2 positions.

If Dymock in less than half a season can get our current squad to a point outside the 8, the Hasler will surely get us in the 8.
**** off troll. Please mAke yourself invisible permently you Rex hunt

You have a crap team and many crap supporters,you have a team of mercenaries and none of your staff (playing our coaching) bar Dymmock bleed blue and white

Des here put passion in the jersey, something your club has lackedand you can't coach passion, why do you think Bennet takes one or two players and not an entire squad? Des is about to find out what passion is all about, it cannot be bought, stolen or created, it just is

That's why SBW sneaked out the back door. He found more passion, friendship and loyalty in Anthony Mundine than the entire coaching staff, playing roster or fan base of your degenrate driven club. Your only hope is that Des can deliver you from mediocrity.

For the life of me I cannot understand the value of getting on another teams forum other than to be a **** stirrer so **** off Mr Invisible you have a good coach but it remains to be seen if you will have a decent team.

Much is made of Des's integrity and loyalty. The board may have been unbearable to work with but the big thing he had going for him at Manly was he was a former player and a good one at that. Up until this week nobody ever questioned his loyalty or commitment.

When he goes to the Bulldogs his Manly heritage will most likely work against him. Their fans will expect success and when it doesn't come they'll turn on him and not just him.... everyone he brings with him.

If he really wanted a challenge he would have gone to the Sharks. Bringing them a maiden premiership would have been a huge achievement. However, the Dogs were the only other club that made him an offer and he took it.

Some people at the Dogs wanted Bennett 3 years ago but some of the board thought he was past it and decided not to chase him. They wanted one of there own, Kevin Moore instead. They've spent a fortune on players from other clubs; 1. because they can afford to and 2. because they don't have any real faith in their juniors, even though they've won the last 3 NSW state cup titles.

Greenberg realised they have no former Dogs players they can trust or have confidence in to coach their team to a premiership. Then, regardless of how many players they bought, the chances of developing a winning culture was remote.... so he decided to buy one.

There's no coincidence that the most recent premiership by the dogs was tainted by their systematic cheating of the salary cap 2 years previously. A case of being so desperate for success, not only were they prepared to buy it they were prepared to cheat as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6