Bulldogs have added Tony 'T-Rex' Williams to their shopping list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Trex get out clause genuine?

Maybe Dan can start a poll
"Which player will the Tele say is leaving next?"

RE: Trex get out clause genuine?

The Eagle said:
Cambo said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cambo said:
. . . when a rude individual used the filthy cbomb

Cambo said:
It's such a filthy word I would never use it here again

Cambo said:
Thanks Bob :(
He's a smug C. Wonder if he will be so smug in the future.

Cambo said:
What stairwell josh you Monobrowed Rex hunt.

Cambo, you just don't get it, do you? You obviously think there is something magic in those 4 letters. So if you spell it incorrectly, or say "Rex Hunt", or "C…", then it can no longer be offensive.

Newsflash – no, the word itself is not 'filthy', it's just a slang word. What is offensive is the fact you express your utmost disgust for someone by referring to them as a female body part. The most filthy, loathsome, and repugnant image you can imagine is – apparently - a woman's vagina. Is that really the way you feel?
I'm sure we've had this discussion before.
Pull a tissue out of your handbag and wipe the tears princess. Don't like my posts block me.
I wouldn't discuss anything with an inane twat like you. Just saying

Also you fool a couple of the posts you have quoted me there were tounge in check posts when we were urging Dan to change the swear filter to hasler.

If you have nothing Better to do that trawl thru my posts Its obvious you need a life. Go get a hobby princess

Cambo if you have a filthy one use a douche mate....:D
Lol :)

RE: First Foran, Then Stewart, Then Cherry and Now T-Rex

bob dylan said:
Time to tear up all contracts Judas negotiated and rewrite them and reregister them if they contain dodgy clauses.

Those unwilling to do this should not be considered as part of the team and therefore will be ineligible to play.

Des Judasler, Bob?:)

RE: First Foran, Then Stewart, Then Cherry and Now T-Rex

No quotes, no sources no nothing Just more DT ****. T-rex signed after Des left. Why would Manly put a get out clause in his contract? They wouldn't (well I would like to believe they aren't that stupid)

Players Manly want to retain signing with the bulldogs 0
Players Manly want to retain and have re-singed since Des left 2 (JB, T-rex)
Soon to be 3 with DCE

So far so good.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM&ob=av3n[/video]

Daddycool said:
That's right.... we need to unite against the common enemy!
we are a passionate club with passionate supporters and no matter what we say on here come game time we all unite against the whole nrl world that hate us !!! :D

Ok , I'm now thinking T Rex may have a get out clause after all. At the very least an option in his favor to leave if he wants to. The following is a snippet from the Sea Eagles website from the story of T Rex's re-signing for another two years. I always thought he re-signed after Hasler left but reading this, that's clearly not the case.:-

This year, Williams – who joined the Sea Eagles in 2009 – had his best season in the maroon and white, playing a key role in Manly’s charge to premiership glory, before being selected in the Kangaroos squad for the upcoming Four-Nations tournament in England. He made his Test debut in Australia’s crushing win over New Zealand on Sunday, and pulling on the green and gold is a cherished memory for Williams.

“I am honoured to represent my country and honoured to be able to say I played alongside Lockyer in his last game in Australia. That’s pretty special,” Williams said.

Williams also feels privileged to have developed his game over the past three years under coach Des Hasler.

“Des and all the coaching staff have played a big part in the improvement in my game. I see Des as a mentor and look forward to next year playing under him. Hopefully we can go back to back in 2012,” Williams said.

The 118kg giant known as “T-Rex” moved into the forwards this year, and was near unstoppable in attack, and was equally damaging in defence. He scored 6 tries this year for Manly in his 20 appearances.

He signed about 2 weeks after Hasler announced he was leaving, just before things really started to get ugly. It's highly likely Hasler encouraged him to push for a get out clause of some kind because at that stage he was still contracted to Manly for 2012.

T-Rex left the Eels because Manly saw his potential and offered him double what they were offering. That plus the eels were a basket case of a club and like anyone with common sense realized there is nothing there but a payday. It's difficult to predict how it will play out.... Hope he stays though.

I will repeat what David Perry said on air last November, no player has valid get out clause, Foran had one but failed to activate it in time. Vidmar is correct unless Perry didn't know what he was talking about.

bob dylan said:
I will repeat what David Perry said on air last November, no player has valid get out clause, Foran had one but failed to activate it in time. Vidmar is correct unless Perry didn't know what he was talking about.

Surely if that was correct his manager would come out now and just say it?

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Do the bulldogs know there's 15 other sides they can poach players from apart from us.

I do hate them, but you can't really blame them for wanting the best.

bob dylan said:

I think you will find that Foran didn't activate it in time for 2012, but that doesn't mean he can't activate it for 2013. On Tony Williams, I can honestly say I have no idea.

Williams has an option in his favour at the end of the year, it is not a "get out clause" which is a "If this happens, then I can go" type scenario, an option is purely, I will sign with you for x years but have the option to stay for y. Not uncommon

The Sharks apparently seem set to make a play for Williams and Stewart.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manlys-halves-measures-put-williams-stewart-on-sharks-wish-list-20120318-1vds9.html

Every team in the league is going to have their eyes on T-Rex. He's young international rep & has the potential to be the best in the game in his mid-20s.

It's the flip side of having good players FFS.

voicefromthehill said:
Williams has an option in his favour at the end of the year, it is not a "get out clause" which is a "If this happens, then I can go" type scenario, an option is purely, I will sign with you for x years but have the option to stay for y. Not uncommon

They are the same thing if he say's I'm not taking up option then he can go so he is a free agent. For Perry nothing he has said has turned out to be the truth late last year he said we were close to resigning both foran and dce on extended contracts and that clearly was a lie as we have seen in recent weeks. Vidmar as a man who should be in the know don't lie about Trex's contract to say he has no out clause is clearly a lie and you should be above that

Settle down lester.

Asserting people are stating deliberate lies when what they are actually doing is offering opinions on subject matter that they believe to be correct, is rather mischevious.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7