Bulldogs have added Tony 'T-Rex' Williams to their shopping list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
First Foran, Then Stewart, Then Cherry and Now T-Rex

AFTER they fought so hard to secure Daly Cherry-Evans long-term, Manly officials now face a fresh challenge to stop fellow international Tony Williams from defecting to Canterbury next year.

Read the full article

RE: First Foran, Then Stewart, Then Cherry and Now T-Rex

Yeah i already read that, most likely another media beatup now they can't say DCE is going to leave anymore. The media will never leave us alone, after this BS is dismissed it will be another Manly player that is "going to leave".....

Geez I am a no-brainer league journo at the tele. I need another story, better use the template.

Manly look set to lose [insert player coming off contract] to [Editor's favourite team].

Time for a beer.

Gez what will the media do, everyone wants to stay.[/align]

Although he inked a two-year extension last October, the giant back-rower enjoys an option in his favour for 2013 that allows him to negotiate with rival clubs.

So last October scumdog knew he was leaving and funnily enough TRex signs an extension with clauses ?

Collusion much ?

And yet last week we read he wanted too be an eagle for life.

David Perry said last October the club had legal advise on all contracts and not one player had a valid get out option.

End of story.

As fas as I was aware Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran were the only two with get out clauses. Stewart had to activate his before a certain date and failed to do so. (However he is off co tract at years end anyway). That just leaves kieran, who has repeatedly said he won't be leaving.

bones said:
As fas as I was aware Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran were the only two with get out clauses. Stewart had to activate his before a certain date and failed to do so. (However he is off co tract at years end anyway). That just leaves kieran, who has repeatedly said he won't be leaving.

This may not be a get out clause, it may be an option for another year in his favour, this option would still be valid whether or not Hasler is still coach of Manly.

I'm guessing that Zorba is the apparent Bulldogs 'insider'.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Love the 3rd readers comment over there

Des its called coaching not POACHING :)

I think his life membership should be revoked.

Cambo said:
Love the 3rd readers comment over there

Des its called coaching not POACHING :)

I think his life membership should be revoked.

I agree Cambo, revoke his life membership. This is the guy who also said he wasn't going to poach our players. Scumdog Millionare.

Has anyone ever heard or seen of these get out clauses at any other club ever? It certainly smells of a coach wielding too much control and doing things to suit himself before he moved on. Did he put get out clauses in when he re-signed King, Kite, Joe ,George.......no cause he didnt want them at Scumberry. Have totally lost any respect for the man even though he took us to 2 premierships.

I'm over all this now. Des is a wanker for these **** contract deals abd the media are even worse for always trying to de rail our club. Just bring on the footy.

Time to tear up all contracts Judas negotiated and rewrite them and reregister them if they contain dodgy clauses.

Those unwilling to do this should not be considered as part of the team and therefore will be ineligible to play.

and funnily enough it was De$ who suggested to the players that they should have the get out clause just in case he left !!!

RE: Trex get out clause genuine?

He has no get out clause.
He signed a 2 year deal.
The deal was done after Des Hasler had gone.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6