Bulldogs Grand Final Performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wedgetail eagle said:
driftout said:
Graham also carried on like a princess when he was presented with his loser's medal.
Driftout, I'm interested to know how you mean Graham carried on?
I'm still in the US visiting the Mrs family, I had to stream audio of the GF at 3am, so wasn't able to catch any of that.

When he was presented with his loser's medal he shook his head and held up his hand like he was stopping traffic to signal that he didn't want it. He then reluctantly took it. It was a poor show of sportsmanship.

He pretended to be gracious in victory when he exchanged words with DCE as soon as the golden point match against Manly finished , but you measure someone's character by how they react to defeat .

When contacted by Fairfax Media and asked whether he had either given or thrown away the medal he was presented with after the loss to Souths, Graham replied: "I think the phrase chose not to keep it is a better way to put it."

Ali Jawad, his father Richard, uncle Malik and other family members stood behind a barrier of police to clap the beaten Bulldogs as they disembarked their team bus at midnight and, to their shock, Graham headed straight for the boy, pulled a towel from his bag and after handing it over, farewelled him with his trademark wink, before ruffling his hair and giving his famous thumbs up.

When Graham rejoined his teammates, Ali was stunned to discover the bounty that he'd received.

"I opened the towel and saw his jersey ... it had the date of the grand final printed on it ... and his socks and shorts were also wrapped up in it, too," said Ali.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canterbury-bulldogs/how-james-graham-gave-an-11yearold-boy-a-grand-final-memory-hell-cherish-forever-20141011-114q6z.html#ixzz3FrKyYOl3

driftout said:
wedgetail eagle said:
driftout said:
Graham also carried on like a princess when he was presented with his loser's medal.
I'm still in the US visiting the Mrs family, I had to stream audio of the GF at 3am, so wasn't able to catch any of that.

When he was presented with his loser's medal he shook his head and held up his hand like he was stopping traffic to signal that he didn't want it. He then reluctantly took it. It was a poor show of sportsmanship.

He pretended to be gracious in victory when he exchanged words with DCE as soon as the golden point match against Manly finished , but you measure someone's character by how they react to defeat .

Wow was that it, quick hang the bloke.

driftout said:
wedgetail eagle said:
driftout said:

To be fair he has 7 other Runners Up medals. This was actually his 7th Grand final loss in a row. He won his first GF off the bench in his first year at St Helens in 2006 and then lost 5 English GF's in a row in English Super League 07,08,09,10,11 and moved here and lost 2012 and 2014. I wouldnt want another runner up medal either if i were him. Thats a bastard of a record to have. James Graham (Biggest Loser)

globaleagle said:
Guzzler said:

I think that's a bit harsh. Shouldn't 'hang' the bloke for showing real hurt.

(btw...my sarcasm detector is broken)

I was actually going to say "Off with his head" but due to the current climate and our supporter base I thought better of it.

Guzzler said:
globaleagle said:
Guzzler said:

I think that's a bit harsh. Shouldn't 'hang' the bloke for showing real hurt.

(btw...my sarcasm detector is broken)

I was actually going to say "Off with his head" but due to the current climate and our supporter base I thought better of it.

first I lol'ed ...then I went ooooh.....

Woman with head covering has big say in australia!.....

queen_headscarf_wideweb__470x3130.jpg

globaleagle said:
Woman with head covering has big say in australia!.....

gUNNxxn.png

:D
Sorry for being a bit bad.

Relating to the doggies there's a really good article about James Graham giving his Grand Final jersey to a little kid post match. Love him or hate him that was a worthy action.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canterbury-bulldogs/how-james-graham-gave-an-11yearold-boy-a-grand-final-memory-hell-cherish-forever-20141011-114q6z.html

The dogs performance in the GF wasnt great , but were still well in it with 10 mins to go . Even the Burgess brothers wouldnt say a bad word about James Graham . Who would have thought there would be bad blood over the Bulldogs after they put us out of our misery ?

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8