Bulldogs coach Des Hasler extends stay in Belmore

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone can be forgiven and forgotten for leaving. That usually happens. The way he left is what still irks people. I, and I may be alone, could not help but feel he wished to create as much havoc and mayhem as he could when he left.

I am so pleased that we, as a club, have not missed a beat since his departure. I'm sure it must, in some small way at least hurt his ego that we did not crumble when he left, and that thought helps me sleep like a baby at night. As far as I'm concerned, he ****e in his own nest when he left. Good luck to him.

mozgrame said:
Anyone can be forgiven and forgotten for leaving. That usually happens. The way he left is what still irks people. I, and I may be alone, could not help but feel he wished to create as much havoc and mayhem as he could when he left.

I am so pleased that we, as a club, have not missed a beat since his departure. I'm sure it must, in some small way at least hurt his ego that we did not crumble when he left, and that thought helps me sleep like a baby at night. As far as I'm concerned, he ****e in his own nest when he left. Good luck to him.

No, No, ..BAD luck to him. ;)

Townsville Eagle said:
It's correct. We need to move on. Des is a Bulldog man now and we should worry about what he does unless he is trying to poach players and even then he should be treated as anyone else, nothing special because he isn't special. What this has said to me is that you need a good passionate coach who loves the team and club he is coaching, big tick there. It also needs the players capable of producing when it counts, massive tick there, and a culture that breeds success, the biggest tick there. Manly has these and will be a strength for a long time to come so let's enjoy it. The bulldogs lack in all of those areas at present so let's be greatful we are with real winners and don't support other teams that just don't cut it.

I am extremely proud to follow the Eagles and I will until I die. Thank you again god for giving me such a great club.

You can call god by his real name, you know.
Some call him by his given name, "Ken", but most folks call him by his moniker, "Arko".
:angel:

I hope all the angst against Hasler isn't because of his differences with Max Delmege , dont know much about him but he sounds like he could write his own soap opera . Sure he has put a lot of money and goodwill into the club but he was no legend ..

Ramrod said:
Some call him by his given name, "Ken", but most folks call him by his moniker, "Arko".
Prior to News Corporation's Super League proposal, the New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) and Australian Rugby League (ARL) had planned to rationalise the number of Sydney teams. In July 1986 The Daily Telegraph reported:
"Ken Arthurson has proposed a Super League... comprising four or five teams from Sydney, two from Brisbane, three New South Wales Country teams, Queensland Country and Auckland. You could amalgamate Manly/Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs/Souths, Parramatta/Penrith and so on."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_League_war

Great idea, god.

Ramrod said:
he wanted to destroy and dismantle Manly by trying to recruit each and every backroom staff at our club.
I must be Robinson Crusoe here but he would have been crazy not to do this.

Des always said he had built a great staff at Manly so why would he be one of the only coaches in living memory not to take his support staff with him.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
Prior to News Corporation's Super League proposal, the New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) and Australian Rugby League (ARL) had planned to rationalise the number of Sydney teams. In July 1986 The Daily Telegraph reported:
"Ken Arthurson has proposed a Super League... comprising four or five teams from Sydney, two from Brisbane, three New South Wales Country teams, Queensland Country and Auckland. You could amalgamate Manly/Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs/Souths, Parramatta/Penrith and so on."

Great idea, god.

Was that fair dinkum ? Have never heard that before

Las Vegas Blvd said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:

Great idea, god.

Here is a link.

Note; This is Wikipedia, and it was reported in the DT. Both are highly dubious. :p

Hasler took the coin from the dirty dogs and good luck to him.

What will always pain Manly fans is how he just sold his soul to them and tried to kill what he helped create.

He now has a difficult task to win the dirty dogs a premiership, I suspect he will be out of there if he doesn't get them into the 8.

Its predictable that he will be targeting our players, but I have faith that the players who truly love the club wont ever play for them.

We have 2 years of crap written about him and the dirty dogs and blah blah blah.

I think we need to put the red felt pen under his name.

Yes in years to come he will be recognized as a premiership winning player and coach but never forgotten for what he did when he left.

We have a culture thats bigger than he ever will be, it was forged many years ago and is now being driven by Toovey.

Look **** everyone move on, he did his part to rebuild us just lost the plot I'm the end too power hungry. But really is anyone complaining with his replacement awesome coach.
No one he done **** thing no doubt but please, get a grip everyone. Look I have no doubt he will still try to poach foz or dce but his legacy is rebuild club to former glory which he did but down the line regret with how he left.

winnyason said:
Look ... everyone move on, he did his part to rebuild us just lost the plot I'm the end too power hungry. But really is anyone complaining with his replacement awesome coach.
No one he done ... thing no doubt but please, get a grip everyone. Look I have no doubt he will still try to poach foz or dce but his legacy is rebuild club to former glory which he did but down the line regret with how he left.

Well said mate! lol :D

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Nobody has thanked him for taking TRex with him lol

Maybe not in this thread but it has been mentioned in other threads since T-rex started with them.

I suspect Des could end up facing the post Manly death rattle. Happens a lot where players leave Manly and then disappear. Some make it like JWH and I suspect Hoppa will get there in time. But could it be that Des over-estimated his ability and didnt realise the spirit of playing for Manly seem to often raise the quality of those playing for them. If he doesnt get them a premiership or close in 2 years I think Dessie may face the scarp heap...or worse...England, the Nursing Home of League..

I would think every other club would be interested in dce and foz

Bearfax said:
I suspect Des could end up facing the post Manly death rattle. Happens a lot where players leave Manly and then disappear. Some make it like JWH and I suspect Hoppa will get there in time. But could it be that Des over-estimated his ability and didnt realise the spirit of playing for Manly seem to often raise the quality of those playing for them. If he doesnt get them a premiership or close in 2 years I think Dessie may face the scarp heap...or worse...England, the Nursing Home of League..

I couldnt imagine Des failing at anything , he never gave up as a player

Las Vegas Blvd said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:

Great idea, god.

Sort through the legalise components and you'll find the details of events, as represented by all parties, here and here.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6