Bulldogs coach Des Hasler extends stay in Belmore

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DES Hasler will remain at Belmore until the end of 2017, after agreeing to a two-year extension with Canterbury officials over the off-season.

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle declined to confirm the deal when contacted last night, but take it as fact the news will be announced very shortly.

Hasler is not a free agent until the end of next season. However, Canterbury wanted to move quickly to tie-up the two-time premiership sinner and avoid a likely bidding war with Brisbane and Newcastle, whose respective coaches, Anthony Griffin and Wayne Bennett, also finish-up in 2015.

The contract extension comes as his old club, Manly, also put the finishing touches on a new two-year deal for Geoff Toovey. Hasler's former assistant will also be rewarded for his impressive transition to head coaching with an upgrade for this season. Expect the Toovey announcement to be made after next week's Sea Eagles board meeting.

Josh Massoud and James Hooper

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-extends-stay-in-belmore/story-fni3fbgz-1226814171921

DES Hasler will remain at Belmore until the end of 2017, after agreeing to a two-year extension with Canterbury officials over the off-season.

Read More

MadMarcus said:
Canterbury wanted to move quickly to tie-up the two-time premiership sinner

Freudian slip?

LOL. I missed that. That is in the actual DT article too :D

Well he knows Toovey is about to sign a 2 year extension, so he had to stay with the flea bags. The dog has no chance of coming back to Manly.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Gee he looks like he's had one too many doner kebabs to.

That is caused by the long commute and eating on the run and having less time to exercise himself.

I have no sympathy for the dog.

They're welcome to him.
Snake Stewart - Be Manly don't be dog!
We have an awesome coach who is Manly.

@Jethro
Maybe this thread can be renamed to reflect the real news in this story which is in the 4th paragraph - about Toovey!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
@Jethro
Maybe this thread can be renamed to reflect the real news in this story which is in the 4th paragraph - about Toovey!

Or the next item on the same page:

Stewart To Go.

Manly's desperation to secure Daly Cherry-Evans long term looks to come at the expense of popular stalwart Glenn Stewart, who has already attracted interest from Canberra over the summer.
Less than two years have passed since the halfback's agent, Gavin Orr, applied a very public blowtorch to earn his client a pay rise and extension in 2012. Although Cherry-Evans is contracted until the end of next season, the same rumbles are being heard as a result of the 24 year-old becoming an established starter on the Queensland and Australian bench. Manly officials are aware both Brisbane and Canterbury are poised to throw $1 million-plus at him, and have fast-tracked negotiations for another upgrade and extension.

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
@Jethro

Stewart To Go.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-News-Sea-Eagles-Love-Their-Cherry

Jethro has all angles covered :D And he loves fishing :p

bones said:
mozgrame said:
bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
@Jethro

Stewart To Go.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-News-Sea-Eagles-Love-Their-Cherry

Jethro has all angles covered :D And he loves fishing :p

I deleted mine to clean the thread up a little.
Uh oh. Now I've just reproduced it again. That's three times it's here now. This thread is bloody filthy Jethro :mad: Clean up our acts man!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6