1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulldogs bottlegate

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by davohan123, May 14, 2015.

1. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +985 / 56
    On nine news the Bulldogs have not been sanctioned over the good Friday game bottle throwing incident

Man this has Mr Greenburg's hands all over this - it just dose not sit well with me

If that happen by our supporters $15,000 fine for brining the game into disripute and loss of competition points

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. Loaded dog

Loaded dog Out on the full.

Ratings:
    +633 / 11
    The golden rule of management applies here...

3. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    Incredible. Just unbelievable. Greenberg is the absolute scum of the earth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Loaded dog

Loaded dog Out on the full.

Ratings:
    +633 / 11
    The Golden rule of management...
    "He who has the gold makes the rules"

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    Pretty sure Manly got fined when greenturd made up that little story about his little wife beater getting spat on at Brookie

6. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    They have paid enough guys. Let it go. They either live in or support the Canterbury Bankstown silky terriers.

7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The decision not to fine to the dirty dogs is astonishing. The behaviour of their fans was yet again a blight on the game and that this is now covered up by its ex leader makes our games administration look very bent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Another reason the NRL is stuffed - Greenturd is a cock smoker and should be sacked this is blatant favouritism

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Would love to understand the rationale behind it but assume the investigation was as thorough as a barba stint in rehab...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    So there was nothing wrong, but the NRL will warn all other clubs that if it happens again = big trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    And people thought Manly got a free ride when Arko became the boss of the ARL........

12. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,400 / 257
    Raelene Castle: I said love I said pet I said love, nothing to see here...

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Suck a fat one Greenturd you con artist. Shabba

14. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Not exactly sure why a club should be held to account for its supporters in a one off incident like this. If it happens again sure, but for a one off?
    I have seen some pretty unsavoury things done at Brookvale from our fans too, including full beer cans being thrown at people down the hill.
    I am interested in hearing how you guys think the Canterbury club could have been held accountable for this or stopped it from occurring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,239 / 31
    Shoot James Graham.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ManlyMatt

ManlyMatt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    MWSE, I was at the game mate and I can tell you there is a clear difference between some stupidity on the hill at brookie and the dangerous environment at Homebush that day. I felt like i really had to have my wits about me to get my girlfriend out of there with no incidents. Don't forget it wasn't just bottles thrown after the game. There were assaults that people were hospitalised from. I would never dream of taking my girlfriend to a dogs game again. That was a disgrace and There is clear intervention from Greenburg here that really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

17. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    I'm sure that was the case but how is that an issue associated with the football club? If anyone is to blame I would suggest that ANZ Stadium needs to reassess its security policy and ensure that there is a larger police and security presence at ALL games so people aren't put in the position you were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ManlyMatt

ManlyMatt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    Of course the club has to share some of the responsibility. The behaviour of Bulldogs fans is not a new issue and the club should have been constantly working towards eradicating anti-social fans. But instead they have done nothing and now 20,000 antisocial Bulldogs fans gather in the one place for any given home game. I grew up in bankstown and now live down the road from there. I know way too many Dogs supporters who are proud of the "Gang" mentality of the fans. Why spend more money on security when the problem is ingrained. There are too many people at those games to fully police and the violence will happen anyway in those situations. Its a disgrace they weren't fined and i think the other clubs should step in to protect their own fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    I'm still quietly amused that anyone thought anything would be done.

As @MWSE points out its very hard to blame the CLUB.. But add to that their ex-CEO being the guy handing out the penalties and nothing was ever going to happen to the Teflon dogs. Not on Todd's watch..

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    MWSE, the majority of bottle throwing was coming from the members section of the ground! I would have thought that does make it the club's responsibility. They claimed that non members infiltrated the area due to the poor weather. What a crock.....