Buhrers Season Over?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I spoke to Jamie out back he thinks it's a ACL won't know till scans tomorrow walked without crutches to his car but had a ice pack strapped

danny-boy said:
Symonds, Horo, Watmough back row;
Lawrence, Ballin, Starling front row;
Sene-lefao, Lui, Hasson, King bench.

That's our grand final winning forward pack and bench. There's some size there.

Not bad. One more injury in the forwards and were in big trouble.

We really needed his hole running coming into the finals. We went sideways way too often today.

Huge loss and terrible luck if he's done for the year. He was really great today, first as a running backrower then as a fill-in hooker. Agree that he's been one of the forward leaders all year. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as they fear.

Massive blow, he has really stepped up this year!!

Thinking it will be watmough, horo & Symonds starting and Lui, JSL, Hasson & King bench, still pretty good

Poor bugger; this was his best year IMO. I hope it's a tweak and he is back week 1 of the finals - but sounds like the season.

We'll be right, we can cover Jamie as a backrower, the only issue is coverage for Ballin if he gets injured, that may be an issue with current squad.

Hopefully it turns out to be the PCL and not ACL. The lesser of two evils, though I'm not holding my breath.

The report on Matty Ballin is that he got a cork just above the knee and he was taken off as a precaution so should be right to play against the Cows.

HoldenV8 said:
If he's out I think Tooves will put Horo back into the second row and T-Red will move to lock. But we're going to need a forward to step up to the bench.

This is my thinking. T Red is in good form and can prob cover ferris.

Losing ferrris this close out has me a little worried. He has been solid for us all year.

He obviously injured the knee earlier in the game, playing on possibly caused it to completely rupture.

Chip and Chase said:
He went down straight away when it happened, even coughed up the ball from memory. Hand straight up and straight to sideline.

Yea, he limped, winced & struggled immediately, sadly.
Jamie Buhrer has been solid for us the past couple of months too - have been looking forward to him playing well and helping inspire us through these finals, bummer he's copped that injury.

Regardless, it was NO EXCUSE for him to drop the ball - it almost looked like he threw it in disgust - I couldn't beleive he didn't just go to ground clinging onto the ball.

That aside, hope you recover asap and well mate and return soon!

Don't know if there's a kangaroo tour at season's-end but Jamie would have been well in the running if there was. (If we go on to win the comp, T Red would now be my bolter selection.)

ssar said:
Chip and Chase said:
He went down straight away when it happened, even coughed up the ball from memory. Hand straight up and straight to sideline.

Yea, he limped, winced & struggled immediately, sadly.
Jamie Buhrer has been solid for us the past couple of months too - have been looking forward to him playing well and helping inspire us through these finals, bummer he's copped that injury.

Regardless, it was NO EXCUSE for him to drop the ball - it almost looked like he threw it in disgust - I couldn't beleive he didn't just go to ground clinging onto the ball.

That aside, hope you recover asap and well mate and return soon!

You don't really think clearly after you tear the most important ligament in your knee and most likely some meniscus.

ignoring the dog act to smash a guy obviously injured

There used to be a gentlemans code around things like that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7