Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Jamie was fantastic last night...

141 metres from 34 possessions, and 41 tackles. I'm loving his work rate at the moment, not to mention the hole running. DCE almost put him over in the first half but a Knights hand got in the way. I think this guy is a pivotal player for the Eagles moving forward without Gifty. He is displaying the kind of form that earned him SOO honours a couple of years back; well done!

It is urgent that we re-sign Ferris. He was our best player last night and since hes had more game time, hes proving to be a real asset.

So much better starting than bits n pieces off the bench.

I really hope we keep him too.
Perfect 13 to take over once Gift is gone.

Fantastic season, more deserving of a blues bench spot this year than the year he was picked, ironically.

He was happily high-5ing everyone.

I think that these past few games, with the added responsibility, has really matured him.

Apparently he was the one that said to JT, 'forget about the knockons, you will score a few tries' (see presser with Snake) :angel:

Jamie is desperate to stay, so hopefully the negotiators are as active as he is :)

Have to agree he's playing really well but will he be able to replace that bone crunching defense that Gift provides. Time will tell, I do hope we keep him.

Yeah Ferris has been really good the last few weeks. He is definelty the guy to replace Gift. By letting Gift go i think it was imperative that Bruher needs to be kept in the side.

Yeh and all you knobs that were bagging him hang your heads in shame!!

Ummm that was probably me, I've been highly critical of Buhrer for a while. Gives away stupid penalties, and didn't seem to be penetrating like he was back around 2011. Gifty being out has really shown the quality of this kid and he's taking this opportunity with both hands. Shows a really good succession place in plan in 2015 when we go b2b.

Well said @Snake.

We'd be crazy to let Buhrer go. He's been my MOM for the last 2 games. Let's hope during the fortnight off he puts (Manly) pen to paper.

And for the ladies, and others maybe, I dunno and I don't judge.....you can go and see about 4 minutes of his crotch on the latest 'tommy talks.'

He had come of age this year, his last few games have been great. He has cut out the silly penalties in his game and is running nice lines.

Shoe1 said:
Fantastic season, more deserving of a blues bench spot this year than the year he was picked, ironically.

I agree 100%. i always thought he was picked too early for Origin and it stunted his development. He would not look out of place there now though.

mickqld said:
Have to agree he's playing really well but will he be able to replace that bone crunching defense that Gift provides. Time will tell, I do hope we keep him.

It's been a long time since Gift has crunched any bones with his defence. I don't know if it's injury-related, but his contact has been far from solid, with a lot of grabbing in his technique of late.

He got dominated hitting it up in the first 20 minutes due to his lack of size which meant slow play the balls as well. Stifled our sets a couple of times.

After the knights tired a bit he then found some room and was very good.

I would prefer him to start on the bench for 20 minutes then play the last 60.

Play an extra big boy to start then bring on ferris to exploit the tiring packs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2