Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought Buhrer had a great game but gee he seemed to be picked on by Hayne. He was following Ballin's unrelenting defence but in just about every set it seemed Hayne penalised him.

From whoa to go Hayne seemed to have it in for him. Was he really committing indiscretions or was Hayne picking on him unfairly? (I think the latter, which he didn't deserve!)

Anyway I was SO happy for Buhrer when he created DCE's winning try.

He was mainly being pinged for not being square at marker, which I thought were marginal calls given how many others on both sides were further off the mark in other tackles. If they want the ruck this fast, they need to ease off blowing those penalties

Buhrer is always targeted by refs, same as Ballin and Watmough. The y do the bulk of our defence when on the field and are instructed to slow things as much as possible. These guys are frequently penalised for who they are, rather than what they do. Ridiculous, investigate!!!

ps Buhrer may have shown one or two doubters his value tonight. Probably not though, some people have no idea!

Buhrer pushes the envelope though with his holding down of the tackled player. I always feel he just holds on that fraction too long which makes you yell at the tv 'get off the ......player!!!!!!!!!'

Now having said that he was doing some great darts around the ruck, and beautiful try assist for DCE.

Absolutely ALinda. I thought JB was tremendous. Yes he may have given a few penalties, but he also set up the winning try, & I'll take that every day of the week.

The try he set up to win the win the game the way he stoped side stepped both dierection and cut straight thru to position DCE was worth the price of admission. Buhrer is one of my fav all time manly players. size is not enough you need talent to make success. Buhrer must always be in the side.

In my opinion Buhrer gets pinged due to the fact that he's not a big player that can smash a ball carrier so his game has to be technique and then "winning the ruck" - stop them, hold them, turn them, etc ( ie the dreaded wrestle ) so he's always got to be pushing the envelope. Refs just go on autopilot and think that as he hasn't knocked someone on their arse he has no right to be there as long .

What's poor buhrer got to do to get man of the match. He was our best on ground even before he made the break and set up the winning try.

Cliffy said:
What's poor buhrer got to do to get man of the match. He was our best on ground even before he made the break and set up the winning try.
Less penalties will do it...
Best game yet though !!

It was ridiculous to see buhrer get pinged for not being square at marker (and to give souffs their required piggy back out of their zone) and then in the VERY next set of Manly's 6.....Hayne says to burgess (sam) on the run..."Sam...just get more square next time).

His officiating really needs to be looked at.

I was so happy for Buhrer, the sidestep is back :)

His marker positioning is fixable, but I wish he had picked up on the Echidna's bias after the first 50 or so penalties :s

HappilyManly said:
I was so happy for Buhrer, the sidestep is back :)

His marker positioning is fixable, but I wish he had picked up on the Echidna's bias after the first 50 or so penalties :s

I watched that about 4 times, that step was more than just a step he just completely outplayed walker, look to Lyon, stagger to step outside, stagger, stop, step inside.

Brilliant instinct play

Nothing better than seeing Ferris Buhler striding out down the field. Rarely he gets the opportunity like he used to in the U/20s. But tonight he re-lived the past with some fancy foot work, then those big strides pumping before a perfect pass to DCE.

Nice work, Ferris.

Buhrer again demonstrated why we must retain him. His versatility in that he can play hooker lock or 2nd row makes him very valuable.

He could improve his discipline but I think that was more to do with Hayne than him, he repeatedly got pinged for not square at marker. When Hayne takes off his red and green colored glasses he would realise that this happens at every tackle.

As Killer03 says JB always seems to be there that half second too long. I'll watch the game again today but I thought he was good last night and Hayne was really too fast in penalising him.

He had a terrific game. His break just tore them apart and was a bit like Cliffy. I thought we were kept in with a chance all game by Ballin and Jamie restricting the metres the bunnies could make.

Lays on players too long in the play the ball, often has a crack at a sly strip and gets pinged for it.

Thinks he's doing the right thing and has been coached to do it but the sooner he gets it out of his game the better.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6