1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buhrer to Fly in 2012

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    This kid showed glimpses of star quality last season & should eplode to the next level in 2012.
    Buhrer is dynamic in attack with great footwork, speed & the vision to pour through a hole & defensively has improved with more sting in his tackles as 2011 went on. Workrate is top shelf.
    Many claim he is too small for SOO but imo he will go close to selection in the next 2 years.
    Many players have good potential in this 2012 squad but have a feeling Buhrer is ready to jump 2 levels by seasons end - thoughts??

2. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Absolutely, huge improvement last season would expect more game time this year so the sky's the limit.

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Rodney going should open up some opportunity for him to get more game time.

4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Agreed!
    This kid's skillset and attitude are amazing.
    Anyone else may have walked due to his lack of game time.

All looking good for B2B :)

5. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Manly now very slowly initiates gifted young players into NRL. That seems to be a reaction against pattern of the failed Northern Eagles experiences when new and young players were regularly imported,expected to be the team saviours, and as a result they , unable to live up to expectations because of lack of experience, had very short careers. Of course a successful club often has a very low turnover of players, you know, why change a successful combo? So it is a difficult task for the untested these days. Patience, for an introductory player, at Manly,is not only essential but usually well rewarded, eventually.

6. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Buhrer has tons of natural ability now all he needs is NRL game experience. I have a feeling he will get plenty of minutes this year.

7. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    His development reminds me of Glen Stewart when he first started to play NRL. He had a huge heart but I thought he was too small. Boy was I wrong and hasn't he filled out. I think Buhrer will fill out in the same way and become a much better player than he has been so far.

8. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Buhrer flew in 2011 and there is no reason why this talented player of ours wont fly again in 2012. Nice to see him flying over to England with his mates to win the WCC trophy once again .
    He is small but he has a big heart just like Toovey who terrorised all the big guys
    Have wings will fly . GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

9. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    One of the big questions marks for me heading into 2012 is how Toovs uses Buhrer and our forward rotation. I agree with most here, Buhrer should be on the field more often and whilst Rodney has departed, T-Rex has also taken his game to another level and shown he is capable of playing the full game. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Toovs manages the game time a little bit more of Choc and Gift and we might see them getting spells on the bench. Give Choc & Gift 70 mins, T-Rex 60m and and that leaves Buhrer with 40m. Easy! :)

10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    A few followers of other clubs have said he'll play origin one day

11. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    mobilefprwards like Buhrer will be really advantaged if the quick play the ball interpretaion is upheld and policed by the refs whilst players like T Rex will struggle

12. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    T Rex won't struggle. In fact Buhrer is someone who'll be far more effective by playing with someone like T Rex, who attracts multiple tacklers every time and puts so much pressure on the defence. With Buhrer's great footwork he is sure to shine in that siuation.

13. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    I'm thinking buhrer and lussick will come through this season if all goes well. Both look like first graders already with real potential. hope we can keep both of em.

14. Oneyeagle

Oneyeagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    He has Glen Stewart written all over him. Great hands and can find the line. Hope in time we can find the next Bret. Thats going to be a really tough call.

Mates of mine who support the Tiggers have massive rap on Buhrer. They think he is something special.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Agree Ernie - Buhrer would carve up the defence with that system but s**t I hate it.
    The kids comparison to Gift at the same early stage shows the star qualities & Buhrer actually has added footwork & speed.
    Future captain imo.
    As for T Rex Ernie - dont worry about new rules - if he runs hard like the 2nd half of last season nothing will stop him.

16. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I get the impression they (refs) are going away from the quick play the ball, and will give a bit more latitude in the ruck. This is one way of reducing the importance of the wrestle, which is basically designed to prevent a player being in a position to regain his feet quickly following a tackle. If you allow slightly more time laying in the tackle then there is less need to wrestle. Anyway, I guess the first few rounds will tell, but the season finished on that note.