Buhrer to bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Hi all , do any of you think it would be a good move to push buhrur to the bench for the start of this game, his size against this big roosters pack could put us on the back foot, in regards to them dominating him in tackles and slowing our play the ball, there fore getting up and smashing us off the back of dominating tackles. Maybe Joe or lussick to start to match them up front , allowing buhrer to come in and take advantage of tiring forwards.

Disagree. I want Buhrer to start, I don't think we lose a lot and for his own development he needs to take on these challenges and he'll be a bettter player for it and we will benefit.

Buhrer is only a few kegs lighter than Stewart, hardly any difference. And it's not like Stewart gets into the tough stuff a great deal either, he plays on the fringes.

It's not like sending lambs to the slaughter, but more like 'give the kid a go'.
He's held more than his own whenever he's on the field. He's in as many tackles as Ballin is.

Go Ferris! Have a great game!

No...... JB is the ideal player to take on the roosters. Our back row is a major strength and are best utilised with quick shifts to the edges. Both him and Choc have good leg speed to create chances for our other strength, our centres. Besides the more game time he gets, the better he'll become.

I thought he got injured in a match soon after origin 1 and may have been a bit below his best since then. Hopefully he is fighting fit and raring to go. In my view he is a fantastic talent and having retained him along with our halves I can't knock the club's priorities.

There is a case for both. Hasler use to start quite a few matches with our big boppers for the opening 20 and bring someone on like Jamie with good leg speed and quick out of dummy half. I have to disagree with Jamie being a couple of kilos lighter than Glen, more like 10 kilos. Glen gives a good wack in defense and has the ball skills to move it wide to the outside backs, Jamie is a totally different player, smaller and runs into holes and has a good work ethic in defense, but not the muscle like Glen! The Roosters have a really aggressive pack, lets hope our our forwards like kingy, Joe, Lussick etc get up in their face and mix it with them, then our back line should do the rest. The more games DCE and Foran get back together - the sharper we will look!

Danger Game - we need to win this one! Slipping away from that top 4. Does anyone know if we finish in the top 4, Manly get a home game at Brookie or will have to settle for SFS?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6