Buhrer tackle = full joke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
I thought it was a driving tackle with the clear intent to injure, as are cannonball, crusher and head slams. This sort of unnecessary behaviour brings the game into disrepute. It wasnt a normal tackle, there was clear intent to twist the torso by two players and drive the guys shoulder into the ground with force. It should be looked at, and if let go, then all players should, in future, drive the tackled player into the turf with as much force as Hoffman did. I don't buy the excuse that Hoffman was attempting to turn the player onto his back. He was clearly driving Burher's shoulder into the ground. It was not accidental.

That's the way that I saw it too.

DSM5 said:
I thought it was a driving tackle with the clear intent to injure, as are cannonball, crusher and head slams. This sort of unnecessary behaviour brings the game into disrepute. It wasnt a normal tackle, there was clear intent to twist the torso by two players and drive the guys shoulder into the ground with force. It should be looked at, and if let go, then all players should, in future, drive the tackled player into the turf with as much force as Hoffman did. I don't buy the excuse that Hoffman was attempting to turn the player onto his back. He was clearly driving Burher's shoulder into the ground. It was not accidental.

So Clear yet neither referee, touch judge or Video Referee saw it the same way?

Well that would hardly be the first time, would it?
It took them a couple of years to start noticing the grapple.

Since when has that been an acceptable criteria for evaluating foul play ?? I don't believe they noticed Burgess squirrel grip either.

Ok well when a Manly player drives an opposition player into the ground hard we'll talk about dirty tactics again, yeah?

You can relax Stevo, you have been vindicated....no charges arising from Manly v Storm game.

Stevo, when a Manly player drives a players into the ground with the intent to injure, I'll certainly talk dirty. One can tackle hard, but legally. I realise players get hurt in tackles, it's a very physical game, but Hoffman had clear intent to injure which is not the intent of the game. I didn't notice any Manly player targeting Inglis's knee when we played them, and I haven't noticed crusher tackles by us. The intent to injure is a Melbourne thing, and now a Souths thing brought in by ex-Melbourne coaching staff. The NRL need to stamp out blatant foul play.

Hoffman told you that was his intent did he? Or are you a mind reader?

Seriously how can you comment on Hoffmans intent?

Stevo, from where I watched that tackle, it certainly looked like Hoffman drove JB's shoulder into the ground with force. Look at it again. I guess with force, means intent to hurt. I actually thought JB's head was the target. Obviously no-one can read minds, not even referees, but that doesn't mean that players aren't judged to have intent. Same with 'reckless', or other subjective adjectives to describe actions on the field.

The Who said:
Stevo said:
Seriously how can you comment on Hoffmans intent?

Apparently all the Melbourne players had to sleep in a tent that night as a punishment by Bellyache.

I slept in a house. You could say I'm past tense.

Intent or otherwise Buhrer landed on his head and went past the horizontal.

and Steve if Manly did that we would be talking about it as they would be suspended for 3 or more weeks just like Ritchie was.

Fluffy said:
Intent or otherwise Buhrer landed on his head and went past the horizontal.

and Steve if Manly did that we would be talking about it as they would be suspended for 3 or more weeks just like Ritchie was.

I agree. Still, penalty at best.

DSM5 said:
Stevo, from where I watched that tackle, it certainly looked like Hoffman drove JB's shoulder into the ground with force. Look at it again. I guess with force, means intent to hurt. I actually thought JB's head was the target. Obviously no-one can read minds, not even referees, but that doesn't mean that players aren't judged to have intent. Same with 'reckless', or other subjective adjectives to describe actions on the field.

I'd argue that a tackle without intent is a missed tackle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4