Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sheesh*

Oh btw...I am actually Geoff Toovey current Manly coach. Now I've put it on a forum it must be true.

I'll update everyone in the coming weeks the innermost workings of Manly (as long as you guys don't tell anyone else! Ok?)

Go Manly!

edit: slight clean out for future signings. No country for old men.

Don't believe everything ryan, snake will be here till end of his time which is 2016. Matai will stay, choc will go but but play out next season that is senior group sorted.
Foran plays game better than dce in media when contract comes up i think he will stay but it will cost up as will dce.

"DUDE" @Ryan I'm talking about all U blokes whinging like kids.

U get a positive Thread about re-signings AND generous confirmation and clarification FROM the head of recruitment, and U STILL have to be negative.

Even IF all the RUMOURS U cite are true, so be it.

For ONE DAMN Thread, focus on the POSITIVES DUDE!

The way some carry on you I am concerned you may commit self harm if some of these players end up leaving. What will I do if some leave? Go on living my life and tuning into watch Manly play each weekend. Nothing we can do about the situation, no amount of bitching, moaning and whinging on a forum will change that.

Garts said:
The way some carry on you I am concerned you may commit self harm if some of these players end up leaving. What will I do if some leave? Go on living my life and tuning into watch Manly play each weekend. Nothing we can do about the situation, no amount of bitching, moaning and whinging on a forum will change that.
I enjoy the bitching. Brings a bit of life to the site. One sided flag waving can get very boring.

Garts said:

I'm still traumatised by Bob Fultons defection to Easts in the mid 70s.

Bearfax said:
I'm still traumatised by Bob Fultons defection to Easts in the mid 70s.

What about when Aaron Groom went to the Bulldogs? That may well have been the worst day in this great club's history.

winnyason said:
Don't believe everything ryan, snake will be here till end of his time which is 2016. Matai will stay, choc will go but but play out next season that is senior group sorted.
Foran plays game better than dce in media when contract comes up i think he will stay but it will cost up as will dce.

It must be difficult to breathe with your head in the sand

KaZa said:
If the impending releases do occur... we lose Foran Matai and Choc. We are left with a very youthful looking side. Leaves us with potentially 1.5 million the cap to play with. We can top up Stewarts contract to keep him happy.

Might be too early for Tom Turbo next season.. but it could look like this eventually with some $$ still to spend. Or we can go down the route of finding a new 5/8 but were just wasting the full back talent we have. Use the money on forwards.

1. Trbojevic
2. Tafua (after lots of training in off season)
3. Lyon
4. Gutherson
5. Hiku
6. Stewart
7. Cherry Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Merrin
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14: Mateo/Paulo
15. Lui
16. W Mason
17. Fa'oso/Lefao

Looks big and strong. Lots of impact off the bench.

You've got Gutherson and Hiku around the wrong way.

Garts said:

Then why bother having a website to discuss anything to begin with? Shut the place down then. Yeah, there is nothing we can do about it, but as fans we come here to discuss it and voice our pleasure or displeasure.

What screws this place is the inability to debate a topic (remember those days pre shutdown of mwse.com ) when we could without people making it personal.

It's fair to be upset about core players not wanting to pull on our jersey any longer. Any die hard fan would feel that, its only human nature.

And no, I dont think people would be gutted to see tje trouble makers like Foran leave. If he leaves (and really wants to) i think people will be relieved, because we could then move on, so the quicker this all plays out the better

recruitment manager said:
hello everyone. my name is Dave Warwick the recruitment manager for the Sea Eagles. I don't usually read fan forums but was informed by a fan that there were several unfortunate comments regarding Charlie Taylor and from "Harry"! Charlie asked for a release because he did not want to play for Manly anymore. He was not chased by any other club he was contracted. Of course we would have preferred he stay but we have a host of young local kids coming through who are all well looked after. The club is developing outstanding local boys such as John Hopoate jnr, Luke Polselli, Brad Parker, Jack Johns, Billy Bainbridge, Sam Verrills etc etc. these lads will be in our SG Ball side next year. Our 20s team finished last in 2013 and equal 8th this year. Differential points denied a position in the finals. virtually most of these lads will be there next season including local boys. Clinton Gutherson is signed until the end of 2015, Jake and Tom Trbojevic 2016, Jesse Ramien 2017, Liam Knight and Rhys Armstrong 2016, John Hopoate Jnr 2017, Cade Cust 2018. the list goes on however to many to mention. I will not be replying to any further forums but rest assured we are heading in the right direction whilst staying salary cap compliant and ensuring a responsible succesion plan. is that okay Harry?
Best Regards Dave Warwick.

Thanks for doing that Dave.

We realise the position you're in, you can't go posting on fan forums every second day. But rest assured, we do appreciate the information.
As fans, we really do get the "mushroom treatment" even though we know that we can't be privy to the inner workings that go on at club level.

The fact that many fans will look at signings, like Uiti Baker, raise an eyebrow but then think, "Well if Dave and the recruitment team think he's a good one, that'll do me", speaks volumes.

I think I speak for all fans here when I say the odd post will be greatly appreciated. No one expects front page headlines to be revealed here, but having first hand information is always great no matter how insignificant it may seem.

I could not give a $hit who leaves. The next Sea Eagle superstar will come along.

They can't play forever.

Ryan said:
Garts said:

Then why bother having a website to discuss anything to begin with? Shut the place down then. Yeah, there is nothing we can do about it, but as fans we come here to discuss it and voice our pleasure or displeasure.

What screws this place is the inability to debate a topic (remember those days pre shutdown of mwse.com ) when we could without people making it personal.

It's fair to be upset about core players not wanting to pull on our jersey any longer. Any die hard fan would feel that, its only human nature.

And no, I dont think people would be gutted to see tje trouble makers like Foran leave. If he leaves (and really wants to) i think people will be relieved, because we could then move on, so the quicker this all plays out the better

I have no issue with people debating it. I am just saying I do not bother with the hysteria myself. Just putting forward my view like you are with yours. Not saying you and others can not have your own position or opinion or that you are wrong. I do not think I made it personal.

In my opinion there are definitely issues but I am sure they are not as bad as the papers are making them out to be. I could be right, I could be wrong. At the end of the day, what will be will be.

Bearfax said:
We looked neutered when Cleal left, but seems Warwick has settled into the job admirably and is doing better than Cleal. with the limited monies available. Certainly our criticism of the club management had nothing to do with Warwick's efforts. Like Toovey, he has been one of the bright spots in the support squad

I think Cleal was a myth as recruitment officer and was taking the glory from the "REAL" recruitment guru. Dave Warwick committed to the dogs when the dog left only to renege after Cleal signed with them.

When the dog went to the dogs all 3 grades were minor premiers and their recruitment has not been anywhere as good as ours.

Having Warwick is a huge bonus for the Manly club.

Didn't the Scumdogs finish last in the NSW Cup and the Under 20s?
They don;t seem to want to develop their secondary teams, and a content with just buying established players for their top grade

hello everyone. my name is Dave Warwick the recruitment manager for the Sea Eagles.

If anyone thinks this is the REAL Dave Warwick, I think you have rocks in your head.

I am well aware of how the Sea Eagles do these things on social media and any comments from any staff have to be vetted by the management team.

This has to be a fake account, and as such I have reported it.

By the way "Dave" didn't tell us anything we didn't know from other sites like Zero Tackle, so good try whomever but didn't fool me for one minute!!

Darren said:
Thanks so much David for your involvement on the club's main supporter website. You can see how passionate and supportive this website is of you and the recruitment you have done. It would be great if you could occasionally mention some junior signings or happenings in the junior club that we never hear about? Many on here enjoy watching the juniors and your comments give us a connection to what is happening. It only brings the club and their main supporters a bit closer. Many thanks.

Hello "Dave"....this would be right up your alley to do this @Darren

You'd be my number 1 "smell a rat" poster!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
hello everyone. my name is Dave Warwick the recruitment manager for the Sea Eagles.

If anyone thinks this is the REAL Dave Warwick, I think you have rocks in your head.

I am well aware of how the Sea Eagles do these things on social media and any comments from any staff have to be vetted by the management team.

This has to be a fake account, and as such I have reported it.

By the way "Dave" didn't tell us anything we didn't know from other sites like Zero Tackle, so good try whomever but didn't fool me for one minute!!
Well spotted Mark.
But hang on a minute. How do we know you are really from Brisbane? I heard Moree.
Bob Dylan is another whom I suspect is fake.

Chip and Chase said:
Let's just say that Dave " @"recruitment manager" " Warwick isn't what he seems. Make of that what you will, but I'm with Mark.

There has to be an Investigation !! And yes I know exactly what you mean :)

Oh bugger I thought Bob was the real Bob!!

So now do I wait for the " real" Geoff Toovey or the " real" Dave Perry or maybe the " real" Jamie Lyon to come on here as well,

Maybe @Darren can start them up as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8