Bugle at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im bringing my recorder next time im there

ALinda said:
Duff said:
What? I was at the game. No bugle. You must be making it up, or it was added for TV.

Definitely not made up. If you were towards the south end (and I was in the FM stand) it was loud and clear.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned this but its not just the fact that the Sharks supporter played it - it was HOW it was being played. He was imitating our M-a-n-l-y chant, ie doing a Manly chant at Manly. Cheeky!

I was under the video screen and still heard it. Duff's either have a lend of you Linda or he's overdue for a hearing check. I suspect the former.

simon64 said:
ALinda said:
Duff said:
What? I was at the game. No bugle. You must be making it up, or it was added for TV.

Definitely not made up. If you were towards the south end (and I was in the FM stand) it was loud and clear.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned this but its not just the fact that the Sharks supporter played it - it was HOW it was being played. He was imitating our M-a-n-l-y chant, ie doing a Manly chant at Manly. Cheeky!

I was under the video screen and still heard it. Duff's either have a lend of you Linda or he's overdue for a hearing check. I suspect the former.

Nope, hearing check i'm afraid.
I could hear it on the TV but from the middle of the hill it was not audible. There was plenty of noise coming from that area so maybe it was drowned out as you can't hear Goldman from there either but he sounds like Roseville station on the TV.
It's all just added in by the broadcasters. Probably contains subliminal advertising.

And here I thought that Manly was made up of fine gentlemen (and gentlewomen) skilled in the art of correct high society behaviour.

The Hill sounds like a mass of the great unwashed, swearing, drinking, yobbos!

Methinks I'd be too scared to watch the footy from there!

Party on!

Duff said:
simon64 said:
ALinda said:
Duff said:

Nope, hearing check i'm afraid.
I could hear it on the TV but from the middle of the hill it was not audible. There was plenty of noise coming from that area so maybe it was drowned out as you can't hear Goldman from there either but he sounds like Roseville station on the TV.
It's all just added in by the broadcasters. Probably contains subliminal advertising.

You never know. But it's entirely possible it was drowned out.
I went to the Sydney FC v WSW match and sitting next to the Cove, you could hardly hear the Red and Black block and there's about 1000 of them and they're loud.
Drowning out a lone bugle would be pretty easy in comparison. You didn't miss much. I'm surprised someone didn't hide it for him. Bloody annoying

It was actually a trumpet. The trumpeter was less than 10m away from me. I didn't mind it, we were winning the game :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6