Bugle at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Watched the game on fox....Not sure why it's needed, but WTF was with that bugle (?) at the footy today ?? Annoying and almost on par with the bulldog drums.

Thank god. We had an on going comvo aboit this here. Annnnoooyyying

Sharkies thing.

Just be thankful this hasn't gone on in the nrl - French Sports its not uncommon for them to have a full band.

The Baltimore Colts (now the Indianapolis Colts) famously had a full band that performed in spite of having no team

Jatz Crackers said:
eagles2win said:
The Baltimore Colts had a full band that performed in spite of having no team

Darrens mate Jace calls that having a wank.

I've heard of playing for the other team, but playing for NO team ?

What? I was at the game. No bugle. You must be making it up, or it was added for TV.
Move along.
There were two drums. All rhythm but no horns.

Sheikheagle said:
There was a drummer near us on the hill scoreboard end. Absolute pain in the arse

The new guy!
Our drummer on halfway (Jono) was a pain in the arse long before that bloke.
Jono invented arse pain. This bloke is merely butthurt.

The north sydney bears used to have a full school band...orchestra type thing with brass instruments and a conductor. Luckily they only seemed to play the anthem , and when the bad news bears scored

manlyfan76 said:
I'm looking for a full pipe organ to take along to the next home game.

Not a bad idea. We could tie it in with construction of a new stand behind the Hill - go into partnership with the Opera House Trust etc to attain the funding.

Duff said:
What? I was at the game. No bugle. You must be making it up, or it was added for TV.

Definitely not made up. If you were towards the south end (and I was in the FM stand) it was loud and clear.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned this but its not just the fact that the Sharks supporter played it - it was HOW it was being played. He was imitating our M-a-n-l-y chant, ie doing a Manly chant at Manly. Cheeky!

Yes. There was a bugle but it didn't worry me and I was on the hill.
Remember when Souffs saviour and Gladiator brought in the drummers instead of the dancing girls? The idea lasted about as long as the no-pokies edict at Souffs Leagues Club.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6