BSB this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
castle eagle said:
mosto said:
Like the vast majority on here, the only knowledge I have of this whole situation is what I've obtained from various news snippets. This morning on BSB, Andrew Webster stated that the deal with Canterbury was not finalized GF week, as was widely reported, but was done half way through the season.

He also said it was his understanding that the club had tried to negotiate an extension with Des on a number of occasions through the year only for Des to put it off, possibly because the deal was already done.

Finally, he suggested that Hasler had surrounded himself with people that were able to paint the board in a worse light than what was perhaps actually the case. He even implied that maybe the whole saga had been choreographed by Des and Canterbury to obtain the early release that has now come about.

Now I believe as much as the next Eagles fan that the board has some questions to answer, but if any of the above has any truth to it (and how much of it you believe is up to the individual) maybe the board have had less to do with inflaming this situation than first thought.
its a shame he's waited until now to release this.

Sometimes it is too hard to keep a relationship.
We all know about moving on, in one way or another.

Board did wrong. Des did wrong. Situation untenable.

GO MANLY. GO TOOVS. Lets mooooooveeeeeeeee ON

Des has unintentionally put Manly back under the radar for 2012 but he won't be there to enjoy it.

Damien2812 said:
What's BSB?

It's a radio program on Sky Sports Radio 1017 on the AM dial - it stands for Big Sports Breakfast - The only all-sports breakfast programme in Sydney. Terry Kennedy and Michael Slater grab the reins from 5:30am to 9:00am Monday to Friday and aim to sate the appetites of sports lovers with a fast-moving, informative cavalcade of interesting interviews, progress scores and results of events in Australia and overseas. Experts from all corners of the globe keep listeners informed with expert analysis on all-brands of sport. Talkback also gives the listeners the avenue to air their opinions. Additionally, there are news bulletins, traffic reports and the rail network service.

Brissie Kid said:
The Dogs chose the timing with the aim of causing the most chaos at Manly that they could so they could get Des for 2012. Stop blaming the Manly board and management. Stop even blaming Des.

Brissie kid I reckon you're spot on about the Bulldogs wanting to inflict as much chaos as possible on Manly. Greenburg has absolutely no credibility in my eyes he is literally a "dog" for the way he handled the timing of this announcement it was disgraceful - 4 days after the GF for christ's sake! why couldnt they have waited till early next year so our players and fans could at least enjoy the celebration of a premiership victory. Greenburg played us as he would have sat back and waited for the fallout and would have been pretty confident that Des wouldnt be at Manly in 2012. He obviously knew the situation at Manly through talking to Des and then acted the innocent party in all of this. What would have happened if Manly had acted in the same way - the media would hang us out to dry! I personally will support ANY team that plays the Dogs from now on - bring on Round 8 2012, I will book my plane ticket, wouldnt miss it for quits.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2