BSB this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The deal would have been agreed to midway through the season with a handshake, and a promise between Greenberg and Hasler that the announcement would not be made until the completion of Manlys season. Greenberg kept his end of deal, so Des signed (probably the day after the GF) and kept up his end.

Stevo said:
*On a side note, i own a Bulldog. I feel like going home and kicking it in the head! lol

Eagles are not easy pets, that is why people keep the bulldog as a pet. There are some drawbacks with bulldogs as a pet. They expect you to buy everything for them (including trophies) Hard to work high up on ladders because they like to crowd the bottom of the ladder, they collect wooden spoons, and have a tendency to be lazy. Difficult to take out in public because people are aware of all the trouble they cause, especially on buses and trains.

My original thoughts on his announcement was that he was maneuvering for 2013 cap increases to give him time to buy and build a new team.

EagleRock40 said:
The deal would have been agreed to midway through the season with a handshake, and a promise between Greenberg and Hasler that the announcement would not be made until the completion of Manlys season. Greenberg kept his end of deal, so Des signed (probably the day after the GF) and kept up his end.

Quite possible ER40, just that we happened to win the GF everything went crazy! Most didn't have us any chance, so they assumed we get knocked out early, blame Des and we'd be happy to see him go!!

Without absolute proof noone can wrongly accuse Hasler of doing this deal months ago but we are entitled an opinion & imo this was done at least by August. Heard whispers earlier in May/June that things were no good behind the scenes due to Des thinking it was the Desly Seaeagles instead of Manly, but while I thought his heart was in the right place & the results were there it was enough to keep him on the good side of the fans. If or when there is solid evidence in coming weeks about secret approaches to players, his name in Seaeagles history will be that of legendary villain instead of greatest ever Manly coach.

Brissie Kid said:
Des responds http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22166

You're welcome Des ... oh what's that? You didn't thank the fans?

From the above article:

I wish to thank the players and staff at Manly who have shown me great loyalty and support, particularly over the last several weeks. I wish them the best.

Masked Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Des responds http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22166

You're welcome Des ... oh what's that? You didn't thank the fans?

From the above article:

I wish to thank the players and staff at Manly who have shown me great loyalty and support, particularly over the last several weeks. I wish them the best.

He never thanks the fans. It's like it's deliberate on his behalf to never acknowledge the fans.

I find this believable, the way des answered questions as to his contract straight after the gf was handled like a politician.

The Dogs chose the timing with the aim of causing the most chaos at Manly that they could so they could get Des for 2012. Stop blaming the Manly board and management. Stop even blaming Des.

Really, there are 3 partys to lay some of the blame on here. I don't think any one person is to blame. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Des getting the flick from the board could of been seen as helping getting some players to want to leave. Might all be part of the plan.
But I bet he hoped the players would not say they perfer to stay together and team and club are more important then coach.
Des must be felling sad that the players don't love him as much as he and the dogs hoped.

They just got us back after we played rope-a-dope with them over the Hodkinson affair. 1 set all...

mosto said:
Like the vast majority on here, the only knowledge I have of this whole situation is what I've obtained from various news snippets. This morning on BSB, Andrew Webster stated that the deal with Canterbury was not finalized GF week, as was widely reported, but was done half way through the season.

He also said it was his understanding that the club had tried to negotiate an extension with Des on a number of occasions through the year only for Des to put it off, possibly because the deal was already done.

Finally, he suggested that Hasler had surrounded himself with people that were able to paint the board in a worse light than what was perhaps actually the case. He even implied that maybe the whole saga had been choreographed by Des and Canterbury to obtain the early release that has now come about.

Now I believe as much as the next Eagles fan that the board has some questions to answer, but if any of the above has any truth to it (and how much of it you believe is up to the individual) maybe the board have had less to do with inflaming this situation than first thought.
its a shame he's waited until now to release this.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6